Prooving Assets for ACT State Sponsorship when we don't have them in the bank yet

Guest Sydneybound

Guest Sydneybound

:wacko:I wondered if anyone could advise or point me in the right direction.

I, like I imagine many others, am trying to get a state sponsorship application in before the changes to the SOL. I'm trying to hedge my bets incase the other halfs job is removed from the SOL (Architectural Associate).

It would appear we are limited to ACT state sponsorship on a 176 visa application. I have started to complete the online application (having finally had both positive skills assessment and IELTS results back) but am stumped at the section where it asks for proof of assests.

We have recently had the house valued so I am assuming a copy of that with the outstanding mortgage balance should provide evidence towards assets in our home. However, we have recently spent out on renovating the house and as such do not currently have any money in our bank account. We will however have saved £10,000 by the time we come to migrate - so how do I show evidence of that????

What have other people done in this situation?

I could potentially borrow the money for the short term from my parents and put it in our account to show the balance and get a copy of a statement for evidence, but is this all going a bit too far? Would they accept a statement from me and signed by a notary?

Heeeeeelllllllpp!!!

First time i have been on here but just wanted to let you know our experiences of proving assets to ACT for State Sponsorship.

We have assets tied up in 2 properties and one of them is of the flexible (Virgin One) account type where the difference between your property value & balance is really savings.

We had to get an upto date valuation of both, thankfully they accepted an estate agents valuation report but still cost us £250. Luckily you still have yours.

Emails kept coming back and forth and to be honest by the end of it all i was ready to give up on the idea, we were sick of shelling out money trying to prove our assets, maybe it is just me but how many people have 40K in the bank? 2 kids 3 and 4yrs old and paying £1200 a month for childcare and still want AUS$40K in savings.

Anyway thats my rant over.

Basically we sent a letter explaining how we were going to support ourselves. The application is in my Wifes name (HR Consultant) and i work offshore on an oil installation in The North Sea and sent off P60's and explained that i would continue to work, commuting to and from UK until such time as we were all settled in Oz and my wife had found suitable employment and me also.

To be honest we had basically given up hope as this was also after Sept 23rd changes and we were thinking to ourselves is it not meant to be. Then Oct 19th 2009 we got our State Sponsorship Approval, even our migration agent thought it was dead in the water and not sure what threw it for us but i don't think a supporting letter explaining how we were going to suppport ourselves and a breakdown of equity did any harm.

They do seem extremely strict and if i was doing it again i would look to somehow put some funds into an account so i did not have to go through all that. Easier said than done though.

Just waiting now like the other thousands now.

Good luck

Bryce

:wacko:I wondered if anyone could advise or point me in the right direction.

I, like I imagine many others, am trying to get a state sponsorship application in before the changes to the SOL. I'm trying to hedge my bets incase the other halfs job is removed from the SOL (Architectural Associate).

It would appear we are limited to ACT state sponsorship on a 176 visa application. I have started to complete the online application (having finally had both positive skills assessment and IELTS results back) but am stumped at the section where it asks for proof of assests.

We have recently had the house valued so I am assuming a copy of that with the outstanding mortgage balance should provide evidence towards assets in our home. However, we have recently spent out on renovating the house and as such do not currently have any money in our bank account. We will however have saved £10,000 by the time we come to migrate - so how do I show evidence of that????

What have other people done in this situation?

I could potentially borrow the money for the short term from my parents and put it in our account to show the balance and get a copy of a statement for evidence, but is this all going a bit too far? Would they accept a statement from me and signed by a notary?

Heeeeeelllllllpp!!!

I would strongly advise giving Julianne at the ACT office a call. She will be able to tell you exactly what they will and won't accept. (+61 2) 6207 1957

Archived