457 to 856

sami

:frown:Hi, my husband worked for 2 years on 457 visa before being retrenched last year, then got another 457 sponsor for which he worked for 6 months, and a few days short of end of probation the company dismissed the whole management team of that specific project that wasn´t going too well, so once again he is out of a job.

After a few interviews he now has 2 offers, but one company is prepared to sponsor for PR straight away, and in that case we rather go with them, as this unstable situation is getting us down and stressed.

On the immigration site, they mention that you have to work for the original sponsor for 2 years, and 1 year for the following sponsor.

Has anybody managed PR without working that further year?

They are a government entity in Adelaide, and my husband is a project manager.

Thanks

Sami

:frown:Hi, my husband worked for 2 years on 457 visa before being retrenched last year, then got another 457 sponsor for which he worked for 6 months, and a few days short of end of probation the company dismissed the whole management team of that specific project that wasn´t going too well, so once again he is out of a job.

After a few interviews he now has 2 offers, but one company is prepared to sponsor for PR straight away, and in that case we rather go with them, as this unstable situation is getting us down and stressed.

On the immigration site, they mention that you have to work for the original sponsor for 2 years, and 1 year for the following sponsor.

Has anybody managed PR without working that further year?

They are a government entity in Adelaide, and my husband is a project manager.

Thanks

Sami

If your husband is in a job on the SOL / ENSOL he could get a skills assessment and would in that case not need to meet the requirements around the 2 years on a 457.

Thanks Raul, would this work experience have to be in Australia or work experience anywhere? (he has been working in the same job for well over 10 years, but not in Australia)

Also since he worked almost 6 months with the last sponsor and 2 years 3 months with the original sponsor, would any of that count towards the 3 years? My husband went to Immigration but they all seemed to have a different opinion, so he came out more confused and without a definite answer!!

So I gather that without the assessment and not earning 165thousand there is no way he can get PR even if the company was quite eager to apply for it?

And if the assessment is positive will he still need the sponsor to nominate him for PR, or is it granted on the merit of the assessment?

Thanks

Thanks Raul, would this work experience have to be in Australia or work experience anywhere? (he has been working in the same job for well over 10 years, but not in Australia)

3 years work experience in the nominated occupation anywhere in the world including Australia.

Also since he worked almost 6 months with the last sponsor and 2 years 3 months with the original sponsor, would any of that count towards the 3 years?

Yes, as long as it was in the same occupation.

My husband went to Immigration but they all seemed to have a different opinion, so he came out more confused and without a definite answer!!

That is not uncommon.

So I gather that without the assessment and not earning 165thousand there is no way he can get PR even if the company was quite eager to apply for it?

Only if the company is in Regional Australia. If they are they can most likely nominated him straight to PR as the criteria is lower for Regional Employers.

Otherwise he will need to first work for them on a 457 visa.

And if the assessment is positive will he still need the sponsor to nominate him for PR, or is it granted on the merit of the assessment?

Thanks

No, You still need to lodge a visa application.

Archived