Visitors to Moving Back Forum

mrcatania

Apart from the main forums like News/Gossip and Migration issues... the next most popular in terms of viewers at any one time seems to be this forum. Everytime I am on here it is the same.

Would be interesting to see how many visitors are potential migrants wondering why people aren't happy here, or people already here who are now wondering WTF have they done??

Guest chris955

Well there certainly a few with moving back on their minds but there are a couple who seem to spend a long time here that are blissfully happy here which seems odd to me.

I would agree that there would be a few that are in the process of moving that would be taking in all the comments.

Guest SophieKin

I think there are a lot who would go back if they could and those who are in the process of going back. I think there may be those who are reluctant to post due to the response people often get on these sites who want to return home.

I for one would go home tomorrow if the UK wasn't in recession.

I agree, I think there are a load of us who would if we could but cant so we wont - doesnt stop us from giving support to those who are in the throes of decision making. Finding this forum (and one similar on another board) was a hugely liberating experience for me and gave me the confidence to start talking about how I was feeling, rather than the usual "I must be bonkers because I dont like it here at all" feeling. It has been liberating because I have also started talking about it in real life and am amazed at how many long term expats feel just the same but it is sort of the elephant in the room that no one talks about for fear of being dumped upon.

I think there are a lot who would go back if they could and those who are in the process of going back. I think there may be those who are reluctant to post due to the response people often get on these sites who want to return home.

Well, the papers would have you believe it is well and truly over now ( officially as last quarter saw +'ve growth I think) Many of my friends say so too, so who knows. There will always be people who bad mouth the Uk though.

Guest SophieKin

it is tempting but have agreed to give it another year (not that my feelings will change) but just so we can return hopefully at a time when things are looking a little more positive in the UK - I would hate for us not to be able to find work when we are both working out here.

Quoll, can I also say that I have read many of your posts and have found them really helpful and supportive. I cant imagine how difficult it must be for you when you want to return but are unable to.

I used to visit these threads before I arrived, it would provide discussion for me and my OH of "what if that happened to us" - "how would we cope with ABC". I think there's a mixture, those who are coming, those who are going and those who haven't quite made up their minds.

Guest chris955

Yes I think it's fair to say the recession is over, they actually upgraded the last lot of figures for the 4th quarter of 2009, unemployment is dropping and manufacturing levels have increased at the fastest rate in 15 years. As far as work goes most areas unemployment rate is on a par with here and is only pushed up by the blackspots.

Archived