Anyone heard of the EDL ?

bunbury61

Rightly or wrongly its growing .......its a movement that has one agenda ....stopping muslim extremists .

There is a march to oppose the building of an £18 million mosque in the black country on saturday ......there is a counter demo planned .....more violence i fear.

I was talking to 2 off duty senior police officers the other day ,and they reckon the EDL is growing fast.

The irony is .....the leader of the EDL is a sikh !!!!!!

Thats whats really grating the dredlocked weirdos at the UAF, that the EDL has a multi racial membership. The irony is that the fascists call themselves "unite against fascism":laugh: The EDL try to keep their protests peaceful and they do a sterling job in the face of the vile taunts from the UAF thugs but the membership has quite a few very "handy" people and the UAF it seems are quite rattled by them.

Thats whats really grating the dredlocked weirdos at the UAF, that the EDL has a multi racial membership. The irony is that the fascists call themselves "unite against fascism":laugh: The EDL try to keep their protests peaceful and they do a sterling job in the face of the vile taunts from the UAF thugs but the membership has quite a few very "handy" people and the UAF it seems are quite rattled by them.

UAF appear to be made up mainly of middle class Trustfundafarians and pop up at EDL demonstrations with a 'counter demonstration' and try to provoke a reaction from the EDL from behind the safety of a police cordon.

As you say the EDL is multi racial so Im not really sure what theyre 'counter demonstrating' against.

The 'handy' bods I assume you refer to are the football casuals who are affiliated to the EDL.

There was an attempt by an SDL up here in Scotland to have a demo but it generated very little support, to be fair a lot of the issues the EDL campaign against dont really exist in Scotland.

There is no room for sharing power with Muslims , whether they be shia or sunni .

When the Islamists and the communists un ited to overthrow the Shah of Iran ,in the late 70s .

Who were the first people the mullahs got rid of ?

Left wingers , liberals , gays .....as well as the christians ,sikhs and hindus

Guest gratom

the reason it has grown so fast is that people are so fed up with political correctness and the hand wringing cowardice of the politico's

Guest LukeSkywalker

Heard of it. Know a lot of members personally. Nice guys - multi racial. United against Moslem extreemists. There are even a few Moslems in a unit in Luton (where I was born and lived most of my life). The EDL will grow and grow.

There was an interview with an EDL bod in the Big Issue a month or so back. They are silly little football hoolies, and their claim to be 'multi-racial' seemed to stretch to two mixed race hoolies being involved.

The interview was with a senior member from Bolton who stated as much, and it was also stated that their website was set up and maintained by a senior BNP member, Chris Renton, who was aiming to use the group for the BNP's own ends.

Said member stated that many attempts to organise themselves have ended in factional fighting with football allegiances being the deciding factor.

We're a free country and I'd defend their right to protest etc, but they seem so reactionary and unsure of what exactly it is that they stand for, that they'll never amount to anything.

At least the BNP put their money where their mouths are.

Anyone who gets into the EDL lark is a frustrated football casual in my opinion. If you want a ruckus, go and have one with people who want one on similar terms, don't claim that you're 'defending' my country, cos you ain't. :cute:

Archived