175 csl Cat 4 time frame??

Hi all,

Is there anyone on this forum that is Cat 4 ie: 175 on the csl list that is NOT SS and that have lodged recently, got a CO or got their visa granted recently?

We would love to see timelines if there is anyone out there.

We are CAT 5, SS with no sign of movement. We are considering lodging a whole new application with Tracey as primary application, she is on CSL but this involves another E1300.

The advice that has recently come from this forum is wait until the April 30th changes. I know they are updating the modl/sol list but is there expected to be changes to the CSL also. We are afraid if we do this they may take secondary teachers off the CSL. Or on a positive note move boilerrmaker up to CSL. On the other hand we are sooo bloody sick of waiting we are seriously considering lodging another application!!:arghh:

Thanks

Alan

Guest Magnetic6

Hi Alan

Look at my timeline below. There's a whole thread dedicated to people who are Cat 4, i'm no good with computers so don't know how to give you the link, can anybody help? Or you can just do a search for it x

Guest Magnetic6

No and we probably would have got the visa sooner but we got a CO just before christmas and that delayed things a bit. They're getting processed even quicker now, good luck!

Guest Magnetic6

Found the thread but don't know how to put in the link, it's entitled Priority processing group 1-4, where are u now. Sorry for being so useless with computers x

I also applied for a 175 on the CSL, and my dates are almost identical to Magnetic6's. I did have SS, but ended up going unsponsored as I wanted to keep my options open.

My application went in on 7th October last year, and I was assigned a visa on 8th or 9th February. So almost exactly four months, and that's including Christmas and me taking a couple of weeks to get a medical done.

The timeline thread is here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/71250-priority-processing-groups-1-4-where-u-now.html

See also:

aussietimeline.com | Australian Visa Application Timeline Tracker

It looks like it's currently taking about 2 1/2 months for category 4 applicants to be assigned a CO.

How quickly could you submit an application for Tracey? And given the removal of MODL points, could you still qualify for a 175, or would you need SS?

If you drop a priority category 4 application in now then you would probably get a CO assigned in the middle of June. If everything is straightforward (and it might be worth frontloading meds and PCCs) then you could have a visa by the time the system changes on 1st July.

Thanks Graemsay

We can lodge Traceys application (paper form) by Monday but to be honest we are confussed about the changes and need to get straight in our heads what is happening with them before we shell out more cash. You said (And given the removal of MODL points, could you still qualify for a 175, or would you need SS?) Do you know if there is any thread about modl/sol changes & the system changes on 1st July.

ahhhhhhhhh! my brain!

There's been various discussions about the changes, probably the best place to start is:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/78424-thread-agents-only-re-new-gsm-changes.html

I don't know what's changing, but the talk is that the new SOL, which replaces the MODL, is going to be very cut back and expand with time. My best guess would be that it'll roughly correspond to the CSL.

The main change in February was that applicants lost the 15 extra points from the MODL. If you're under 40, have worked in your nominated occupation for three of the last four years, and can score band 7 in all four sections of the IELTS then you could still get a 175.

The points calculator is at:

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)

There's a bug, in that the 5 points for partner skills isn't recognised, but add 5 onto your running total and see.

Thanks I knew about the SOL April 30th but didnt realise it was July 1st that it comes in to effect or about those 15 points either. We should still be fine points wise. The general thinking seems to be that the SOL will mimic the CSL then. Tough one! What to do! A loud sigh just came from my oh!

I think that you've got three choices:

1. Make a snap application for a 175 CSL visa. This will probably be the fastest way of getting to Oz, but also the most expensive.
  2. Wait for the 176 to come through. Given your original application was in October 2008 you might be getting towards the front of the queue.
  3. Hold off to see what the SMP comes back with, and make your decision then.

Category 5 applications are moving, but it's mostly those who had been assigned a CO before the September 2009 changes. You'd have to ask around for others in your position.

There's been no real information on the SMP, but I suspect that it'll be for CSL occupations. If there's some scope for discretion then you might be able to get onto it for Tracey's occupation even though Alan's name is on the application.

Archived