How hard is it to set up your own business in Oz

mobilephone

We are lucky to have a visa. ( So don't need a business visa to get to Oz).

Is it easy or hard to start your own business if you buy ,rent or lease a shop?

And say open a food shop, coffee shop, a hair salon, beauty salon ,clothes shop?

Is they any rules or regs?

Has any one got any good or bad information on this please?

Any information at all please

Garry

:confused:

I guess it would be as difficult as setting up a business in the UK, although other than the Cities there are few 'town centres' with each suburb (well here in WA) tending to have it's own set of shops/Malls. There will be the normal food/hygiene type laws for food/cafe places, and there isn't a lot of sunday trading outside the tourist districts (in WA)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markspooner

Hi Garry,

I assume your visa is allows you to work without employment sponsor. First stage is to set up a company, partnership unless you do as sole trader, I would always set a company up bt may depend on circumstances. Where about are you setting up business?

Yes I have a visa I am comimg end May begin of June this year. I wasn't sure if you can just lease or rent a shop as don't have the funds to buy I don't think?

I wasn't sure if it was like the Uk anyone can set up or if they have rules and regulatons?

Brisbane or Perth is my choice not sure till I have a look round which I will choose.

Guest markspooner

You should be able to rent/lease easily. As always there is a bond held and rental paid in advance.

Not sure of any specific rules relating to retail but I doubt there would be any trouble doing what you plan. If you are catering/cafe/bars etc there are specific qualifications people need to do this work, pretty easy to get I'd guess.

You should be able to rent/lease easily. As always there is a bond held and rental paid in advance.

Not sure of any specific rules relating to retail but I doubt there would be any trouble doing what you plan. If you are catering/cafe/bars etc there are specific qualifications people need to do this work, pretty easy to get I'd guess.

Thank you again for your advice. And your quick reply to me. It makes me feel a lot better now.

Good luck for the future.

Archived