get meds done? dose it help speed process?

TraceyandAlan

Guest Guest31881

If you front load with meds and police checks, then you run the risk of ..

A, they take over 12 months to decide and you have to do them again.

b, your visa is granted within 12 months but you will only have a short time to validate the visa as the validation date is taken from the date of police and meds.

I do not believe front loading your particular visa helps?

I don't think it helps much, may take a month off the time that they would have requested and you submitting them. As the previous poster said there are risks to front loading meds and police checks as your visa is generally granted from the date of whichever has the earliest date (and not the day they give you the visa), you then usually have 1 year to validate. e.g. we had our medicals done in May 06, our visa was granted in July 06 and we had until May 07 to validate ... so it doesn't really give you a year (we had 10 months), I've known some people have less than 6 months.

This may not be an issue if you've sold your house and ready to go, but it could prove and expensive validation trip particularly if you're a family

Guest billybumbler

I'm just waiting for my sponsorship to come through then the firm i'm hopefully working for helps apply for my 457 visa. I've been told it only takes a couple of months - the medical is the only thing in my way now. Would both my kids (one 5 and one 20 months) have to have one?

Any help appreciated. Cheers

Guest TheresaM

I would say that it very much depends on which visa you are applying for. I got my meds done before sending away the visa, as I applied for a spouse visa.

I am wondering the same to be honest. We have no ties (other than family) in the UK, no home to sell, (furniture to move though) no commitments, so in our opinion and position we will go the first chance when the visa is (if) approved, as soon as there are 4 seats on a plane (so long as my dog can follow shortly after)

I am willing to do anything to speed up the whole process, and continually kicking myself thinking why the hell didnt we apply 6 months ago and we could be sitting pretty here now wating for my last pay day then off we go (hindsight!!!!!!)

I'm just waiting for my sponsorship to come through then the firm i'm hopefully working for helps apply for my 457 visa. I've been told it only takes a couple of months - the medical is the only thing in my way now. Would both my kids (one 5 and one 20 months) have to have one?

Hi ya, yes children have to have medicals too, they are much cheaper than the adults and don't need x rays, we have got ours Thurs!! We lodged our 176 10th Sept, we realy wish we had done medicals then!! Our house is sold and we are in rented, family of 7, so we are ready to go so are quietly confident will get visa by time meds run out.

Guest pablofet1

You do not always have to do medicals for a 457 visa. We have been advised to wait for the CO to request them.

There have been a few 457's granted in the past week or so who didn't have to do them.

Have a look at the DIAC website.

Mel:biggrin:

Guest Mary Cockerill

full medicals are normally only required in 457 applications when the primary applicant is going to be working in specific fields, medical, dental, teaching etc. Other occupations only require the chest x-ray for adults, children under 11 have medicals, over 11 have medicals and chest x-rays.

Hi ya, yes children have to have medicals too, they are much cheaper than the adults and don't need x rays, we have got ours Thurs!! We lodged our 176 10th Sept, we realy wish we had done medicals then!! Our house is sold and we are in rented, family of 7, so we are ready to go so are quietly confident will get visa by time meds run out.

Is there any chance you can let us know what actually happens in the medical, obviously its none of our business how yours go. I am just interested to what extent they check and how intensive/through they are as i have an old injury in my knee that is giving me jip through athritis (one of the reasons we want to get out of this damp climate) and my son is over weight.

Archived