High schools in maitland area?

Guest 64leolady

Hi Mark and Tracey,

Maitland Grossman high school seems to have an excellent reputation, and Maitland is lovely area..We live approx 15 mins away, in Heddon Greta.. We have been in Oz just over 3 years, doesn't seem 5 minutes since we stepped off the plane!

The Edudcation dept have just released a new website..Find a school | ACARA you can check the stats on all the local schools for your daughters..Will you be settling in Maitland?

Hope the website helps...

Regards

Shirley

Guest themikey

I often wonder how people from England find Maitland as a place to live, in such a vast country then I think......hold on, I am one of them people. :biggrin:

at the moment we have fallen in love with a rental in east maitland, but it will probably be gone by the time we get out there. i'll be working in Tomago (if you're reading this post and know the area then i dont need to tell you the obvious place of work ill be attending) so we are looking at maitland, aberglasslyn, ashtonfield (hello yvonne), basically looking for somewhere lovely to rent for 12 months at the top of the freeway :)

• 2 months later...
Guest The Bishop's

Hi just reading your post and made me smile. We live in Kurri Kurri not far from Maitland and we know Shirley who as replyed to post and you mention Yvonne. I have not been on pomsinoz for ages and just browsing through came across your post. Maitland is a nice quite town and surrounding areas are nice too, there are so many to choose from. We love it here in this part of the Hunter you have the best of at lot of things, living in the countryside, only 45 mins to nearest beach, shopping centres and only 2 hours from Sydney and big plus the vineyards are only up the road what more could you for LOL. Sorry i can't help much on high schools my 2 boys are 5 and 11 but my eldest will be going to St.Peters Catholic high school in 2 years time.

Good luck with your move and hope you will be happy here.

Jo

Guest Matt & Sarah

People really like Maitland?

We're in Warners Bay but i've worked in Maitland for a year and don't think it's up to much. You get a lot more for your money than in Newcastle or the nicer Lake Mac suburbs, but it doesn't seem to be up to much. Having said that I don't live there so maybe i'm missing out!

• 1 year later...
Guest joanne17

Hi everyone, I have been here four months now, living in Aberglasslyn, my 13 year old started Maitland Grossmann in November, I'm finding Australia a good place to be, still miss all my family and friends though. I also have a daughter at 7 who goes to Maitland Public and a 1 year old boy. I have joined a group on Facebook to try and meet new friends, if anyone fancies meeting for a coffee then I'm in :-)

• 3 months later...

hi everyone, iv been here in australia 7 months now, live at gillieston heights. we moved from Sunny Scunny in the UK. aka North Lincolnshire. Im a midwife at Maitland and my OH is working on FIFO. We have a 4 year old daughter and a 6 week old baby boy. Havent been on Pomsinoz for a long while, Loving being here in Australia, but like you all say, I too miss my friends terribly, particularly now Im on maternity leave. Was only in my jobat Maitland 10 weeks before having baby. Where can i find this facebook group?? I too am up for a coffee and a natter with fellow poms. Thanks Nicola .x

hi everyone, iv been here in australia 7 months now, live at gillieston heights. we moved from Sunny Scunny in the UK. aka North Lincolnshire. Im a midwife at Maitland and my OH is working on FIFO. We have a 4 year old daughter and a 6 week old baby boy. Havent been on Pomsinoz for a long while, Loving being here in Australia, but like you all say, I too miss my friends terribly, particularly now Im on maternity leave. Was only in my jobat Maitland 10 weeks before having baby. Where can i find this facebook group?? I too am up for a coffee and a natter with fellow poms. Thanks Nicola .x

Hi Nicola,

you may have moved in next door to us at GH as we were moving out? wether i have the right people or not i still hope you guys are settling in okay :)

mark.

hi

did u live on darcys peak, hero way. if so i kinda remember u both. why did u leave, didnt u like it

yes we did. we left because we was renting and have now bought our house. we are down near greenhills a short walk from the hogs breath cafe.

we was at hero way for around 18 months and both houses either side of us were not built when we moved in. hero way has lovely views. bill and steph across the road in the double storey are lovely people. hope you had nice neighbours move in?

hi,

yeah, we are still here. loving it so far. find it very quiet up this end. dont know the people who moved in next door. to be honest dont really see them, think hes a tradesman tho. the people who live opposite seem nice, always say hello. we are renting at the minute, hoping to buy a house later this year. have you met any fellow brits whilst you have been here? How long u been in oz?

hi,

yeah, we are still here. loving it so far. find it very quiet up this end. dont know the people who moved in next door. to be honest dont really see them, think hes a tradesman tho. the people who live opposite seem nice, always say hello. we are renting at the minute, hoping to buy a house later this year. have you met any fellow brits whilst you have been here? How long u been in oz?

yes we have met fellow brits, a couple from durham who live near morpeth, a couple from manchester who live in cameron park. all nice people and great friends. meets get organised on here occasionally and i think facebook has a local group too.

we have been here since july 2010 (our 2nd attempt see boomerang poms post / thread on this site)

any questions you have, we'll try our best to answer to help you out with settling into NSW.

• 3 weeks later...

Been in Oz 16 months now, and we lived in Gillieston Heights for 6 months from September last year after moving up from 6 months in Sydney. We've now bought a house down in Maitland, bit of work needed but hey ho.

Archived