uk adapters

sussex boy

Guest guest30038

Be aware that if you have put the plugs on yourself, or, if they aren't sealed at the entry point of the lead, insurance companies can void a claim.............pretty tough on you if your house burns dowwn and you're stuffed............all for the sake of a (non) statutory wired plug.

kev

Be aware that if you have put the plugs on yourself, or, if they aren't sealed at the entry point of the lead, insurance companies can void a claim.............pretty tough on you if your house burns dowwn and you're stuffed............all for the sake of a (non) statutory wired plug.

kev

So true Kev, its also why i decided to buy replacement leads rather than just the plugs. We only had a couple of things that needed changing so it didnt work out too expensive.

Cal x

kev

I did notice over here that all the plugs are sealed like a kettle plug in the UK. It must be for safety reasons.

Guest guest30038
I did notice over here that all the plugs are sealed like a kettle plug in the UK. It must be for safety reasons.

Yes, some of our houses get a little damp from time to time :biggrin:

kev

Guest guest30038
I don't really get that down here, it's too dry

Don't speak too soon! That's what currently flooded Qld was saying a few weeks ago :wink::biggrin:

• 2 months later...

Anyone currently needing adaptors can find them here in Dollars & Sense (abit like UK poundstrecher) for $2.99. Its a twin pack with a uk to Oz adaptor and i think a european adaptor.

They also sell them singley for $7.99 in the same shop ????????????????????????????? lol

Cal x

Guest Hearne_Family

If its just mobile phones and the digital photo frames you need plugs for maybe just buying a lead from here in Oz is best.

Terry

So true Kev, its also why i decided to buy replacement leads rather than just the plugs. We only had a couple of things that needed changing so it didnt work out too expensive.

Cal x

I cant see you forking out 100 bucks to a sparky to cahnge a plug Cal lmao ,Mr fish will be amused lmao

I cant see you forking out 100 bucks to a sparky to cahnge a plug Cal lmao ,Mr fish will be amused lmao

So true Mally ,lol, it didnt cost half that to buy replacement leads for my stereo and my sons PS3. Have you ever heard such a crazy rule?lol

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...

I need to get hold of a 4-way adapter actually... don't suppose anyone has an extra one knocking around?

I've got an external hard drive and a couple of other computer bits I can't use at the moment... Never thought about this before we left... I guess it's a bit obvious with hindsight though!

You maybe want to check that the travel adaptor is earthed if yor UK plugs are earthed. I would say most travel adaptors will not be earthed and will only have say a 10 amp rating, where your plugs may be higher. We have an earthed adaptor and 4 gang UK socket on it for UK sealed leads.

I have changed some plugs eg lamps as you can buy plugs from Bunnings etc. Didn't know about the sealed thing. I would be surprised if shops would be allowed to sell them if 'illegal' as they are fairly anal about Oz approved stuff over here (but no expert, so stand to be corrected)

I also notice most Oz plugs only seem to go to 10 amp, so again if you bring UK appliances (we didn't) they might be 13 amp rated

However, I am no expert and don't really know the consequences if you don't do these things. For laptops etc the clover type leads, or kettle leads can be bought here with an Oz plug end.

Archived