Car Mechanics Tools.

frautfreida

Can any mechanics out there tell me the best way to transport a snap-on container full of tools.?

Would be grateful for any info regarding the packing and also the quickest way to send them, should each tool be listed? and can anyone recommend a company.?

Many thanks for help.

A few years ago I moved my tool box with a 5 draw bottom and an 8 draw top, I just locked the draws taped the key to the outside and the shippers just wrapped each box and that was it. Make sure everything inside is very clean, knowing the value of snap-on, you could make your own inventory, make a few copies and put a copy in the drawers, give a copy to the shippers and keep one, you could also take photos, thats what I would do anyway, plus ask the shippers what they recommend.

Guest jonah2121

how long would this take to arrive? im very interested as when i move i will definatly need my tools very quickly!

Like metoo we just locked the box and taped a key to the lid incase customs wanted access.

To clean them hubby found the quickest and best way was to put them all through a hot engine wash.

Cal x

thinking of putting mine through the dishwasher!

Guest wayniexagt

i took my keys with me ........ no way i was going to let anyone rifle through 15 yrs of collecting specailist tools ..... and then had them delivered to where i work ... where a customs offical waited with them to verify the contents etc ........ but make sure they are clean clean and make a full list of every thing . . take pictures etc

Guest jonah2121
Have been told they take 6-8 weeks.!! to arrive.

6-8 weeks?? thats ages? can i not just post through royal mail to my employer?:goofy:

Guest wayniexagt

you can air frieght them but trust me it costs. my two snap on boxes with tools weighed about 150 kg (23 stone) . and that cost me just over $1800 ............

Guest Prickles83

We received my husbands toolbox in Melbourne last week- it was shipped in the 1st week of December. We shipped the tools as part of our household container (12 weeks ish including customs).

We air freighted a small toolbox with the basics in and this took 3 weeks and this included customs clearance.

My husbands toolbox was a limited edition snap on roll cab and top box- it didn't have a mark on it. He locked it and the removal guys packed it. When we arrived we delivered the keys to the office and customs went through it. Unfortunately they didn't re-wrap it to be delivered to the house and consequently it has been badly scratched, chipped and dented.

My husband cleaned his tools with alloy wheel cleaner for spanners plastic tool trays and stuff, jeyes fluid for cleaning inside the box and liners (so the smell lingered when customs checked it). He also mentioned to not forget to clean the wheels of your toolbox (he forgot and had to clean them once the toolbox had been put in the container)

We didn't have any problems with the big toolbox and customs and it was inspected. The small box we airfreighted cost us $98 for customs and was held up by 5 days.

hi we moved out here now 16mths ago, we sent our shipment 6weeks before we left knowing we needed the tools in Jan,They were sent 3rd of NOVEMBER 2008 AND ARRIVED 18th March 2009 i wasnt happy to say the least as i needed my tool box in work for the 6th Jan .Make sure you get it in writting as to how long it will take .Like the rest i cleaned all my tools and sprayed them with Jeys fluid, i had two roll cabs to move and i did the same put key with tool box and wrote a invantry of all my tools.A friend of mine sent his airmail it cost him 600.00 pound and that was 3 yrs ago now so ship is cheaper i would say

Archived