Form 80 help

mrsb

Does everyone need to fill one in?

I'm applying for offshore partner visa 309/100.

Also is it hopeful if they have already taken money out of your account after applying? We sent off the application for our sons citizenship by descent and the money was taken the next day?

It is the controversial Form 80 and it's struck again!!

Form 80 is used for additional character assessment, simply. It's not always requested for all applications but if they've asked for it then you do need to fill it in accordingly and accurately to the best of your knowledge.

Many people are asked for it, and, it's just to get a little more information about you and pin-point certain details.

Nothing to be concerned about by any means. If you have any more questions, post away. :biggrin:

It comes down to personal opinion, your CO may or may not ask for it. A lot of people (me included) find form 80 a bit of pain, due to all the detail it requests. I never filled it in and my CO never (or hasn't yet) asked for it.

I wouldn't see Australia House taking the money as something to be hopeful about, their fees are mostly non-refundable so aren't tied to the application. That said, they were real quick with my son's citizenship by descent :)

I didn't do a Form 80 with my application, and I haven't been asked for it although I understand a lot of people do get asked to complete it. I thought about doing it just in case and sending it with the application, but then I looked at the detail of it and decided I wouldn't do it unless they asked me! And I was lucky because my co didn't ask me to complete one later.

So really it's up to you. If you do one now, it means it's over and done with and you don't get the hassle of putting your application together and then having to do something extra, but then you might never get asked for it.

Archived