Cat6 176 fam sponsored non csl - can i apply for Student visa ?

A4Ron

Hi all,

First of all, thanks to all members of this site, this is without doubt the best resource out there for oz migration. Hoping the PIO community can give me some guidance here.

Currently in Cat6 176 Family Sponsored, non SS or CSL so looking at 2012/13 approval if any. Was wondering if anyone knows what the DIAC would say to me applying for a student visa, thinking of doing an MBA in QLD. Would I have to revoke my 176 application, or change to onshore ?

I would be taking my wife and two kids, so I know this would be a pretty expensive route, but not impossible. I could start a 1yr course beginning 2011, so by the time of completion it may be time for GSM application to be looked at ?? Also I believe there are other routes after graduation from an OZ university, though not sure with all the current changes.

Any advice welcomed !!

ACS skilled assesment applied Dec 2008, march 2009 ACS positive 2231-11 Systems Manager, Family sponsored may 2009 (wife's uncle). Sept 2009 - Cat6ii

Other than the expense which you have already identified, I don't see any reason why you could not apply for a student visa whilst you wait for your 176 to be processed. Your 176 application will continue to be valid and will slowly work its way through the queue in the background.

Guest HoriFTC
Hi all,

First of all, thanks to all members of this site, this is without doubt the best resource out there for oz migration. Hoping the PIO community can give me some guidance here.

Currently in Cat6 176 Family Sponsored, non SS or CSL so looking at 2012/13 approval if any. Was wondering if anyone knows what the DIAC would say to me applying for a student visa, thinking of doing an MBA in QLD. Would I have to revoke my 176 application, or change to onshore ?

I would be taking my wife and two kids, so I know this would be a pretty expensive route, but not impossible. I could start a 1yr course beginning 2011, so by the time of completion it may be time for GSM application to be looked at ?? Also I believe there are other routes after graduation from an OZ university, though not sure with all the current changes.

Any advice welcomed !!

ACS skilled assesment applied Dec 2008, march 2009 ACS positive 2231-11 Systems Manager, Family sponsored may 2009 (wife's uncle). Sept 2009 - Cat6ii

We (my spouse and myself) plan to do the same, altough just with General English course for my partner and not MBA.

I have contacted DIAC already and the Australian Embassy in my country (Hungary) too. Both said it is absolutely no problem, but at the time of visa 176 grant we must be outside of Australia as our application is an offshore one.

Furthermore we have to complete Form 1022 "Notification of changes in circumstances" and submit it to DIAC. (We should advise the department of changes in address, etc...)

Archived