I need some friends! Sydney

Hi all,

My boyfriend (25) and I (24) have been out here since September, and are now staying here as he's being sponsored. Everyone we know is on the working holiday visa and they're all going back home. Would be great to meet some people staying out here. I'm working in recruitment here too. We're definitely up for drinks/ or a meet up, don't mind where!

Cheers

Nic

Hi Nic,

A bunch of us usually meet up on the weekends for some drinks. Send me your email or mobile, and if anything is organised, i'll message you. Usually a good mix and guys and girls between 24 and 29...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest OzzieAngel

Hi Nic,

Are you in Sydney?

I remember when we used to live in Noosa, Queensland, that although Aussies are great, we did miss the Brits! Maybe we could keep in touch and arrange to meet for a beer sometime?

Cheers

Richard and Rachael

Guest nicolahart
Hi Nic,

A bunch of us usually meet up on the weekends for some drinks. Send me your email or mobile, and if anything is organised, i'll message you. Usually a good mix and guys and girls between 24 and 29...

Hi Nick,

Sounds good! My numbers 0405545791, and my email is nicolahart@live.com. Yes do let me know when you're next meeting up - i'm there :-)

Nic

Guest nicolahart
Hi Nic,

Are you in Sydney?

I remember when we used to live in Noosa, Queensland, that although Aussies are great, we did miss the Brits! Maybe we could keep in touch and arrange to meet for a beer sometime?

Cheers

Richard and Rachael

Hi Rich,

Yes we're living in Sydney, Pyrmont. Where abouts are you living now? Beer sounds good. My numbers 0405545791. Where abouts are you guys from in the UK? I'm from Essex.

Nic

Guest rollergirl10
Roller, I have been out with thi slot a few times... good bunch ;-) I would be up for a girls night out too, moving to bondi tomorrow and am available for CBD and anywhere in between

I am happy to meet up with everyone or girls night out!!

Cool....look me up on facebook...brodio1

Thanks

joelle

Guest OzzieAngel

Hi Nic,

We live in Bath, about 100 miles west of London, though you've probably been here, as it's always chocabloc full of tourists!

We are going to buy a motorhome and travel all around Australia, and I'm going to be taking loads of pictures for a book that I'm going to write - well, that's the idea anyway!

I also design and build timber decks in a very special way, and as my friend is going to run the business himself, I'm going to continue to design the decks from my laptop in the motorhome - how's that for comfort?!! If you know anyone who wants to set up their own deck business as a kind of franchise for our company, then give me a shout? You can see what I do on Decking design and construction | Grand Decking Designs in Bath, Bristol, Wiltshire, UK

I'm looking forward to that beer...

Cheers

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
Guest philch1

Hello, another newbie here. I'm 29, from the Midlands and lived in London for 5 years before deciding to move to Sydney. I'm living in Ultimo and work for a marketing agency in the Rocks.

I came over here on my own, so I really want to meet new people and make some friends. Are there plans for any social meets any time soon?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Yet another newbie here and SO not used to this whole forum thing! I'm Caitlyn, 24 years old, and living in Paddington at the moment. Moved over here 7 months ago and am just hitting a bit of a stumbling block meeting new people, so thought I'd see what was out there online! Are there any plans for meet-ups anytime soon?

Cheers,

Caitlyn.

Guest steve79

Ditto to the above, I'm from South-East England, moved to Sydney a couple of months ago and living in Neutral Bay. If there are any meet ups planned, then I'll be there!

Ditto to the above, I'm from South-East England, moved to Sydney a couple of months ago and living in Neutral Bay. If there are any meet ups planned, then I'll be there!

send me an email mate and i will contact you via that for any meet ups... Seems to be easier this way.

nick_jenkinson@hotmail.com

I'm not far from you. Just in Cammeray.. 10 mins walk from Neutral Bay

Guest Kayleighduncan

Hello,

I move to sydney on Sunday and I will be living in Frenches Forest. I am 22 and would love to meet up with people for drinks. :)

Kay

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wenders411

Hi There!!

I am moving back over to Sydney in the next couple of weeks. I've already lived there for 2 years, and I'm returning while applying for a defacto visa with my boyfriend (who has ozzy citizenship) We will probably be living around the inner-west area, although we have not found a place yet.

We would love to make some great new friends over there, so would love to hear from anyone interested in meeting up!

It will be great to have a network of "Pommy mates" :)

I am originally from the North West of England and my boyfriend is from Dublin. We are 29 and 34.

Guest ClairPetrie

Hi All,

Hope you dont mind me gatecrashing this thread!! I have just arrived form the UK originally from Stockport in the North West of England. We have come out on a 4 year 457 visa with my partners company. We have a 2 yr old daughter and are currently living in Coogee in a serviced apartment supplied by the company would love to meet up with mums in and around sydney or couples/singles for drinks would love to speak to people in the same position as we are having difficulties deciding on where to live for our next move. Let me know if anyone is intersested in meeting up. I am 28 and my partner is 33. My Facebook page is Clair Petrie.

Look forward to hearing from someone soon!!!

:biggrin:

Guest OzzieAngel

Hey Guys,

We're arriving at Sydney Airport at 07:55 on Tuesday 21st September this year!

There'll be me and my grownup daughter Rachael, and we need to find somewhere to stay for a couple of nights til we hire a car and search for our broken down ole motorhome, cos that's all we'll be able to afford, sob! If anyone loves welcoming friends at airports, feel free!

Does anyone know of a cheap 1 bed unit/flat we could rent for a week, maybe? One of us will sleep on the couch until we figure out the best plan. And if anyone knows anyone who's desperate to sell their motorhome for a pittance, then give us a shout?

Hope to meet up with you guys soon!

Cheers

Richard and Rachael

richard@ozzieenglishman.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tonykimber

Heyy!!

Hope you are well!!

Been in sydney 3 months now but nuckled down at work to gain sponsorship, now I have this i thinks its time to find some new mates!!

im 21 year old guy looking for some good mates for the usuall stuff and am keen to meet

let me know :)

Speak soon

Guest KerrieC

Hey, are there any meet ups happening soon?

Would be keen to tag along if there are any....with the other half. I am 29 and he is 32 - originally from London. Thanks :)

Hi Kerrie,

There ia a meetup tonight at the Aus Heritage Hotel on Cumberland Rd, The Rocks which starts at 7pm. This happens every Thursday but at a different pub each week.

Details are posted on a Wednesday afternoon on British Expats dot com by Swerv-o.

Maybe see you down there!

Cheers, Geri

Guest tonykimber

Hey guys....

Would love to meet youg guys moved here in May living in Manly... need to meet some people as been upto my eye balls in work!!...

drop me a message well up for meeting :)

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hayleyasm

Hi Millie,

Im 24 and my husband is 28, we have just moved to Manly and are both mising our friends back home. It would be cool to meet up for a coffee one weekend maybe?

Hayley x

Hi Millie,

Im 24 and my husband is 28, we have just moved to Manly and are both mising our friends back home. It would be cool to meet up for a coffee one weekend maybe?

Hayley x

Hi Hayley,

Millie doesn't come on here much anymore. Me and the gf see her most weeks. Message me and i'll arrange a meet up with a bunch of people. Hope your enjoying manly..

nick_jenkinson@hotmail.com - email or search me on fb

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Newbie2010

Hey all,

I moved here back in January and still struggling to meet/make new friends, met a few people but would love to meet more - i'm a young 43yr old female who is originally from NE England and lived in London the last 18 years.

Andie :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone....just saw this post. Please get in touch with Sydney Newcomers...you'lll have a big instant group of friends. We're based more towards the Hills District but have events all over Sydney. We're a NFP group of gals who meet regularly and do all sorts from just simply meeting for lunch or a cuppa, through to theatre, concerts, book club, restaurants, beach trips, parties, events for kids...events for the blokes. We even have a cut-price Spa Day coming-up on the 17th. PM me for more details.

Guest tonykimber

hey!

How is everyone??

I have been here 5 months and also keen on meetin new people...

I live in Manly and work in Sydney CBD...

Anyone keen for drinks? friends? etc

Let me know

Archived