Just applied for a Job

ali

Applying for a job here in Oz seems so much more difficult than in the UK.

I got offerred a job after a telephone interview and it was sooooo simple. Now I'm here and want to go for a promotion(at the same hospital). I've been sat at the computer for hours - My CV is 6 pages long, but they then want you to address the selection criteria which in this case has 11 essential and 5 desirable sections. You have to write something about it one and that's turned into an 8 page attatchement in addition to the CV.

My fingers are sore and I've got a headache.

I'm going to have a couple of glasses of vino to recover now.party0036.gif

Ali x

Closing date next week, also odd process here (don't know if it's just nursing), but they do the interviews then there's about a 4 week 'appeals' period where if you haven't got the job you can appeal and if you have got the job you can't start - all very complicated.

I'm very proud of myself as I applied on line and attatched my CV and selection criteria - thought I should as one of the essential criteria was being computer literate!! I even did it all by myself too lol!

Ali

Guest jonseywife

Aint you a clever girl!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Good luck with the job Ali............... your obviously a very, very, very intelligent woman!!!!!!!!! :v_SPIN:

(I got confused just reading your 1st post!!!!!!!!!!!!) :wideeyed::biglaugh:

Sally-ann xxxx

Guest T in Brisvegas

I feel your pain ali. I have just applied for a job with the Australian Public Service...what a nightmare that was!

Can't believe how hard they make it - I've only ever sent off my CV before in the UK found I was repeating things. Still I guess it keeps someone in a job - not sure I'd like to be the one reading all the applications though.

Ali

Archived