kids tranfer certificate for school admission

esthapan

hi all,

my daughter is in year 1 of schooling(india) and 5 years old. when i migrate to oz what are the documents required to get an admission to school in oz? is the tranfer certificate from school required at the time of admission?

any guidence in this regard would be highly appreaciated.

regards

esthapan.

hi all,

my daughter is in year 1 of schooling(india) and 5 years old. when i migrate to oz what are the documents required to get an admission to school in oz? is the tranfer certificate from school required at the time of admission?

regards

esthapan.

Hello, We have been told just to ask our schools for any hand over records before we leave and take them with us, School require a couple of weeks notice, Hopefully someone else will come along and advise!:cute:

Guest pablofet1
hi all,

regards

esthapan.

Birth Date

Eligible For Prep In:

Eligible For Year 1 In:

Child born 1 July 2002 to 30 June 2003

Child born 1 July 2003 to 30 June 2004

Child born 1 July 2004 to 30 June 2005

Children need to be five by 30th June in the year they start Prep. Prep is a voluntary year of education. However, this year provides an excellent transition to Year One.

From 2008, the compulsory school starting age will increase by six months. Children will need to be six by 30th June in the year they enroll in Year 1. Proof of date of birth is required for all children enrolling at this school. (A birth certificate extract, passport or transfer form is acceptable.)

I have recently been in contact with a school in the area we are moving to. My daughter is 6yrs and currently in yr2 in the UK she will be 7 in August. The school informed me that she will be going into yr1 when we get to Oz as they start school later there.

Mel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pablofet1
My daughter is 5 and will be 6 in august so does that mean she'll go into year 1 next year? She's currently in year one and starts year 2 in sept.

Yes i believe so.

I'm not sure if it's the same in all states but in Qld the school year starts in January.

Archived