melbourne imax

theonetruechris

Never been to an imax before. I was going to wait for avatar to come out on blu-ray decided against it and went to see it at melbourne imax. Words do not describe how ace this cinema is, blows my lcd and blurays out the water. Looks like I can go to the piccies again, yay for living near to civilisation!!! (Lincoln had a rubbish odeon muliplex)

Good to know there's an Imax in Melbourne. We saw Avatar on Imax here in Manchester, UK. It was awesome.

We are due to move to Melbournme in 4 weeks, are they many good cinemas in Melbourne area? Don't know what area we are gonna settle in yet as my work are gonna sort out a temporary place till we get settled. Any suggestions?

cheers, Rob

Good to know there's an Imax in Melbourne. We saw Avatar on Imax here in Manchester, UK. It was awesome.

We are due to move to Melbournme in 4 weeks, are they many good cinemas in Melbourne area? Don't know what area we are gonna settle in yet as my work are gonna sort out a temporary place till we get settled. Any suggestions?

cheers, Rob

Shopping malls tend to be the places where the cinemas are over here. Im led to believe, much the same as the USA. As like to USA there are huge shopping complexes all over. Even the smaller suburbs have plazas with cinemas in.

As for accom, it depends on where you are working and how you want to travel. DO you know your work base yet?

cheers, Rob

Google gold class. Fantastic....

As for area's what's your budget and what are you after out of an area.

Send a PM to Kate "moving to Melbourne" she does short term lets

Am gonna be working in Bayswater. The company have sorted out some accom for 1st month but after that we're on our own! I don't mind the distance just don't wanna be sat in traffic for ages. Maybe 30 minutes travelling will be ok. Here in UK its only 9 miles, sometimes it takes 15 mins other times 1 hour if traffic bad or there's been an accident on motorway.

If you like scenery the dandenongs are on your works doorstep, very pretty. Some people worry about bush fires others say be just aware of danger and enjoy the area other direction much of a muchness, I've come to the conclusion that the suburban sprawl is pretty much the same wherever you are unless you need to be near a particular school. Or you could go live in neighbours (vermont south).

Guest The Pom Queen
Am gonna be working in Bayswater. The company have sorted out some accom for 1st month but after that we're on our own! I don't mind the distance just don't wanna be sat in traffic for ages. Maybe 30 minutes travelling will be ok. Here in UK its only 9 miles, sometimes it takes 15 mins other times 1 hour if traffic bad or there's been an accident on motorway.

Hi Rob

How far from the beach do you want to be? If you don't mind being further inland then look at suburbs like The Basin, Knox, Lysterfield, Croydon, Wantirna or Monbulk in the ranges.

Kate:wubclub:

We are going to be neighbours RobD (there goes the neighbourhood for sure - only joking:biglaugh:). How many shopping complexes do you want on the doorstep? Will 2 do for a start? There's 6 minutes drive to Knox Westfield with lots of Village cinemas (Gold Class etc) and outdoor restaurants including a Bride O'Reilly's pub. Then there is Eastland Shopping Complex with another Hoyts cinema complex also Gold Class included.

Cheers Olly:hug: Oh, it takes me on Eastlink about 30 mins to Frankston beach, the freeway entrance is near, and about 40 mins to Mentone. (St. Kilda, and city beaches are a bit further). I can see the Dandenong Ranges outside my house.

(there goes the neighbourhood for sure - only joking.
<- you havn't met me yet !!! or the missus !! :happy_face_vampire_ only joking:biglaugh:

Hi Rob

How far from the beach do you want to be? If you don't mind being further inland then look at suburbs like The Basin, Knox, Lysterfield, Croydon, Wantirna or Monbulk in the ranges.

Kate

Thanks for all the great info guys. Am starting to feel a bit less worried about the move to Oz knowing there are plenty of people out there like you lot.

Was thinking of somewhere on edge of town, close to countryside or the national park areas.

<- you havn't met me yet !!! or the missus !! :happy_face_vampire_ only joking:biglaugh:

Thanks for all the great info guys. Am starting to feel a bit less worried about the move to Oz knowing there are plenty of people out there like you lot.

Was thinking of somewhere on edge of town, close to countryside or the national park areas.

On the edge of town can be a bit expensive, but if you can afford to there are plenty of good suburbs, but if you want a bit more value you could buy not far from Bayswater, but some parts of Bayswater are industrial/light commercial, so you may want to buy elsewhere.

Once again it depends what money you want to spend, and whether you need to be near a railway station (or a short drive to one) or a bus service. There is a nice suburb which I could recommend if you wanted to buy not far from Bayswater, and it is close to the hills without being in the hills, and it is at the moment quite affordable. If you need to be in the city then it is too far out maybe, but if you don't need to be it is worth a look. Check out realestate.com.au and type in Montrose. See what you think. You are 30 minutes drive from the Yarra Valley (think wineries) and on the tollway/freeway you can get to beaches if that's what you're after.

Archived