Parking in Brisbane

Generalis

Need to go into Brisbane tomorrow, is it better to park or catch train in. also are there any places where there is free parking or if not how much do I need to take. Staying in Mango Hill and if expensive to park may catch train, I'm told this is from Burpengary. Any advice.

Thanks

Guest sh7t man no way
Need to go into Brisbane tomorrow, is it better to park or catch train in. also are there any places where there is free parking or if not how much do I need to take. Staying in Mango Hill and if expensive to park may catch train, I'm told this is from Burpengary. Any advice.

Thanks

your best bet is to get a train from sandgate (near brighton) into brisbane central (30 mins)--they run about every 30 mins--ive done this train journey heaps of times,as i think driving in brissy is a nightmare,and the parking is expensive--i think they do offpeak prices from 9-3 (best check).--theres heaps of free parking in sandgate.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
your best bet is to get a train from sandgate (near brighton) into brisbane central (30 mins)--they run about every 30 mins--ive done this train journey heaps of times,as i think driving in brissy is a nightmare,and the parking is expensive--i think they do offpeak prices from 9-3 (best check).--theres heaps of free parking in sandgate.

Hi sh7tman

whats the driving like in general we are staying at surfers paradise for 23 days and we are going to look for houses around forest lakes and then at wacol, near where the prisons are and then slightly north because my wife is looking at working at the prince charles hospital. How bad is the traffic and what distances are we looking at say from surfers to Forest lakes. You advise to catch the train into Brisbane, i quite fancy this, where would you catch it from adjacent to surfers and what costs are we talking about for 4 of us for a return ticket. Thanks for any info, cheers

jim

Hi sh7tman

whats the driving like in general we are staying at surfers paradise for 23 days and we are going to look for houses around forest lakes and then at wacol, near where the prisons are and then slightly north because my wife is looking at working at the prince charles hospital. How bad is the traffic and what distances are we looking at say from surfers to Forest lakes. You advise to catch the train into Brisbane, i quite fancy this, where would you catch it from adjacent to surfers and what costs are we talking about for 4 of us for a return ticket. Thanks for any info, cheers

jim

Why would you want to be near the prison? Work? or family staying there LOL

Hi

There is a nearer train station over in Petrie and that is about 10 minutes away from you and I think it is actually on Station Street.

Not in the morning traffic. much easier and quicker to go along Anzac Ave to Clontarf over the bridge and down Brighton Road. Hav proved it many times. The Bruce this morning at Mango Hill was choked

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Why would you want to be near the prison? Work? or family staying there LOL

Hi kernow,

a bit of both, i'm a screw and no doubt one of my ancestors stole some bread in Blighty a couple of hundred years ago and ended up in a jail down under. lol

jim:wink:

Guest sh7t man no way
hi thanks for that we will be using satnav to drive to sandgate then which street name should I put in do you think? dont know where anything is yet so satnav is godsend

Sam

sandgate train stations worth a go---if your in aus for a while you must buy a referdex (a-z of brissy/sunshine/gold coast)--they come out every year--best buying one thats a year older (cheaper):wubclub:

Guest sh7t man no way
Hi sh7tman

jim

no worries mate---weve got good mates in forest lakes(it a nice suburban area-not that to far from logan)your best bet for ya missus to get to chermside PCH) is to avoid the gateway bridge,and cut around the back over Victoria bridge (i think) i think there's a toll road charge- the distance from forest gate to surfers is about 60 kms,40 mins drive roughly. the traffic over the gateway bridge is a nightmare in peak time,but there opening a parallel bridge soon so this should improve. you would be able to catch a train from surfers to brissy, we found the trains very reasonably priced. when we lived on the gold coast we would catch the train from helensville to brissy--also if your in brissy have a go on the river cat--this is the best way to see brisbane,and is not to expensive(you can hop on,and off as much as you like)-- i hope this helps--just to save you asking, im wearing my blue jogging suit today with a rather fetching yellow polo shirt.:wubclub: ps the above information is given by an oldie(prone to bouts of memory loss) and should not be taken as leagally binding--- i thank you

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi sh7tman,

i think i love you, man love, not, i wanna do you big style love, cheers for the info and your outfit sounds like its to die for, thats my artistic bent side coming out.

jim

Hi kernow,

a bit of both, i'm a screw and no doubt one of my ancestors stole some bread in Blighty a couple of hundred years ago and ended up in a jail down under. lol

jim:wink:

Have just helped a family in their settling in from Cornwall, met them for the first time at the airport, took them to their short rental, anyway turns out they are now our neighbours. he is a screw had been in 18 years, was prison officer of the year, was going to Wacol, but decided to do something else. So he is getting his Real estate licence, and has a job with a very good company on $50,000 retainer, his wife is teaching. They both have an hours drive each day, they have no problems with that as they love it here in Redcliffe. They have been here now 6 weeks, and haven't taken the smile off their faces yet. You even might have known him Jim.

Cheers

Guest guest30038

Tosspot! :wink:You're out of the loop mate. Bald Hills is more accessible. Too late now for the poor buggers.

kev

Archived