New MODL being released on Mon 8 Feb 2010

Guest Migration Help

Guest rachbarlow

I realise that you need to start somewhere, we all do. But when it is cut throat as the visas are, surely the best person for the visa should be assessed. Not the ones already there, have a qual and apply for the PR skilled visa, then not even do the job. The person who is going to go out and work and pay the taxes should get it!!!

Do you know what I wish people would read what I write instead on jumping on some band wagon. I feel I am going to stop posting on here. I am not stereotyping students or saying that they are good for nothing. I am NOT on about mature students who are falling short of points. I HAVE BEEN a student, so I feel I am in a position to comment on a gradute who has gone from school, to college, to uni.

If you have a qual, experience and are in OZ this was NOT aimed at you.

I am on about the people who have just gone to study, HAVE NO EXPERIENCE, and then do not even DO THE JOB THEY HAVE APPLIED FOR. Leaving us people who want to move, have skills, have the experience and or quals but get sent to the back of the queue each time there is a change. Hence why the skilled visa process seems to be in such a mess and the states are STILL screaming out for people of certain trades.

I do have a heart...................... I have been at this for 3 years now and am very p***ed at getting messed around at EVERY turn. When will we get a break??? Hopefully tomorrow.............

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rachbarlow
Could Gill, or any migration agents please tell us Cat 5 non csl SS applicants (currently) what this may mean for us please.....:notworthy:

Me to hopefully....................

In particular I was very interested in Q18.....:notworthy:

Q 18 I already have a state and territory nomination, how am I affected?

All GSM applications, other than subclasses 476, 485, 883 and 887 are subject to the priority processing arrangements under the minister’s direction. Applicants who are nominated by a state or territory government under a state migration plan agreed to by the minister receive the second highest priority under the direction. Applicants who are nominated by a state/territory government and have nominated an occupation on the CSL will now receive the third highest priority under the priority processing arrangements.

Guest rachbarlow
In particular I was very interested in Q18.....:notworthy:

Q 18 I already have a state and territory nomination, how am I affected?

All GSM applications, other than subclasses 476, 485, 883 and 887 are subject to the priority processing arrangements under the minister’s direction. Applicants who are nominated by a state or territory government under a state migration plan agreed to by the minister receive the second highest priority under the direction. Applicants who are nominated by a state/territory government and have nominated an occupation on the CSL will now receive the third highest priority under the priority processing arrangements.

SS back to 2??????????? :biggrin:

Another interesting snippet......:wideeyed:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-modl.pdf

Q 5 What is the impact of revoking the MODL on

applications that have been lodged and are awaiting a

decision?

None. Applicants who lodged a GSM application before

8 February 2010 will not be affected by the revocation of

the MODL.

Guest rachbarlow
Another interesting snippet......:wideeyed:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-modl.pdf

Q 5 What is the impact of revoking the MODL on

applications that have been lodged and are awaiting a

decision?

None. Applicants who lodged a GSM application before

8 February 2010 will not be affected by the revocation of

the MODL.

Thank god for that!!!!! :notworthy:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Everyone

This thread has had its day. It has dealt with Friday's deliberate leak to the Press by DIAC.

The new arrangements have now been announced and they are on ptlabs thread, which is here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/78393-changes-modl-8-jan-2010-a.html

After this post I will close this particular thread, so that on ptlabs thhread we will be able to focus on "What is" rather than "what if."

I will reply to the people on this old thread as soon as I can but the replies will appear on the new ptlabs thread, please,

Cheers

Gill

Archived