TELSTRA Message service activation

shaunkaren

Right! We have a phone line connected which is great and now (3 days later) our information booklet arrives. This tells us that we can use the 101 message service, it even very helpfully tells me that the funny buzzing noise the receiver has been making means I have messages!! BUT, when I dial 101 to get my messages it asks me for my PIN number - problem is I haven't got one!!!

Any help gratefully received as phone is registered in OH's name and if company's here are as bad as the UK they won't speak to me!!!

Thanks Karen x

The default pin is the last 4 digits of your phone number,try that.

But as far as I know the 101 service does not have a pin setting,messagebank which is a paid service does so maybe Telstra have activated the messagebank service instead of just the 101 feature.

You could ask the account holder to notify Telstra that you are authorised to discuss the account,that would mean that you could call Telstra and ask.

There is a thread on whirlpool about 101 here-

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/371360.html

Edited to add that the Telstra site says that the 101 service has no PIN so maybe they haev set up Messagebank.

http://www.telstra.com.au/homephone/features_services/home_messages.html

Hi Karen,

To me it sounds like somehow Telstra have activated messagebank which is like a personalised answering machine,to retrieve messagebank messages you have to dial 125101 ,instructions for use of messagebank and 101 are here-

Home Messages 101 - Home Phones & Plans - Telstra

click on the "How do I use it " tab then scroll down to the "Bring your home phone to life" document,there is a PDF version as well as a Word version if you don't have a PDF reader.

Hope you are able to sort it out.

Cheers

JC

wishing you luck and lots and lots of patience when dealing with Telstra! They will have you beggin for BT

regards

Michelle

Guest Guest31881
Still not working! I tried the default last four numbers and it didn't work. Then tried to ring Telstra and they were engaged!! Will keep trying though.

Karen x

For your pin number use the last 6 number of your phone number, that should take you to a set up menu!

Archived