Today is the day!

Guest tlander56

Guest tlander56

Today after 4 long years the overseas shippers are arriving! Yipppeeeee!

Still not properly organised, but we will get there!

Sorry....just had to share my excitement! :biggrin:

Today after 4 long years the overseas shippers are arriving! Yipppeeeee!

Still not properly organised, but we will get there!

Sorry....just had to share my excitement! :biggrin:

Know exactly how you feel been here 6 years and have only 6 weeks this Friday to wait and it cant come soon enough all the best.:biggrin:

Guest The Pom Queen

Wow, this makes it real doesn't it. Hope it all goes well and you are not having to sleep in a cardboard box until your flights.

Wonderful.

We have been here a month now and I recall the awful hassle of the final pack-up. Life is a breeze now!!!!

When are you coming over?

Been here 6 years and returning to the UK good luck with your emigration experience.:biggrin:

Guest tlander56
Good luck it must be so exciting to be returning back home.

Thanks guys! Yes, we are all very excited!

The removers have just left and we are surrounded by stuff we no longer need....will get onto Ebay tonight :laugh:

Guest wheres wally
Thanks guys! Yes, we are all very excited!

The removers have just left and we are surrounded by stuff we no longer need....will get onto Ebay tonight :laugh:

I find GUMTREE a great site for selling stuff(just thought you might want to give that a try) Good luck with the move We've been here for 3 years and leave in 6 weeks cant wait :biggrin:

My shippers / packers arrive on Monday 15th - I fly out on 16th - I have done practically everything I have to do but still things to do - I am so stressed.... parther (soon to be ex) has had nearly a year's notice to do something about moving his stuff out - particularaly wall mounted plasma - of course there are holes in the wall and these will need to be patched up - he has left it until the 11th hour and only just started looking for a stand for the TV and says he hasn't had the cash to do anything about it until now - which is utter crap - he is now saying could I ask my buyer to put up with the holes and he will fix up and pay - but of course that will be after settlement date and I know she is concerned that the holes are fixed up - he doesn't seem to realise that if I agree to his idea that the she will and solicitors will throw a wobbly - particularly with regard to the fact that if settlement is delayed beyond agreed date and stuff still needs to be done it will cost me extra mortgage payments and extra boarding for pets as I am relying on proceeds of sale to pay for the dogs boarding currently 8 plus days (approx. $900 per week) plus extra mortgage payments - $400 per week - I am now stressed more than usual - he can be very unreasonable - one of the main reasons I have decided to return - to get away from him - hope he settles down - I even said just remove it patch holes ('cos lady is going to get place repained anyway) and I/we will have to be TV less for a week - I couldn't care less.....

Guest tlander56
My shippers / packers arrive on Monday 15th - I fly out on 16th - I have done practically everything I have to do but still things to do - I am so stressed.... parther (soon to be ex) has had nearly a year's notice to do something about moving his stuff out - particularaly wall mounted plasma - of course there are holes in the wall and these will need to be patched up - he has left it until the 11th hour and only just started looking for a stand for the TV and says he hasn't had the cash to do anything about it until now - which is utter crap - he is now saying could I ask my buyer to put up with the holes and he will fix up and pay - but of course that will be after settlement date and I know she is concerned that the holes are fixed up - he doesn't seem to realise that if I agree to his idea that the she will and solicitors will throw a wobbly - particularly with regard to the fact that if settlement is delayed beyond agreed date and stuff still needs to be done it will cost me extra mortgage payments and extra boarding for pets as I am relying on proceeds of sale to pay for the dogs boarding currently 8 plus days (approx. $900 per week) plus extra mortgage payments - $400 per week - I am now stressed more than usual - he can be very unreasonable - one of the main reasons I have decided to return - to get away from him - hope he settles down - I even said just remove it patch holes ('cos lady is going to get place repained anyway) and I/we will have to be TV less for a week - I couldn't care less.....

Oh no! How stressful!

I hope everything turns out OK, and the move goes well

I got a question.....

I've only been here 3months, i'm finding it soooo hard settling, i'm 18, finding it hard getting work because i dont drive & struggling to make friends, even though i'm very out going & bubbly!

why are you guys going home?

( feel free to tell me to pee off just hear so much of the good i wouldnt mind knowing about the flip side)

cheers aimee x

Guest tlander56
I got a question.....

I've only been here 3months, i'm finding it soooo hard settling, i'm 18, finding it hard getting work because i dont drive & struggling to make friends, even though i'm very out going & bubbly!

why are you guys going home?

( feel free to tell me to pee off just hear so much of the good i wouldnt mind knowing about the flip side)

cheers aimee x

For us Aimee it's really that the thought if being here forever is unbearable...we miss family and friends..feel our children are missing out on family life. The educational opportunities here just just measure up to what is on offer back in the UK (we are lucky enough to be able to afford private schools back in the UK) We have had nothing but bad experiences of the education system here. My husband is an aussie and overall we both agreed that what we had back in Hertfordshire is so much better than we have here. So we are going for it!!

i'm finding it had now because i went straight into work from school, and over here they are just out of school with i guess higher level of education...

good luck back home...

funny that i guess england will always be home!

Dog boarding $900 per week .....WWWWWHHHHHAAATTTT...HOW MUCH ?

£17 per day here .....someone is having a laugh

That's for 3 small dogs and 1 cat - its around $25 for dog per day and 23 for cat..... guess that's Sydney prices..... I think this whole moving process has been a field day for the relocation companies concerned....... but what choice did I have....

Archived