VISA 820 Granted in 7 days!

BeckiNick

Hey guys

I used this site a hell of a lot to get our partner visa papers together and it seemed to of worked as we had it granted the other day and in total it took 7 days! We lodged it in person at the Melbourne Immigration office and then came home to find a letter saying it had been granted....I know this has been written lots of other places but this is what we included and what we did. Hopefully it may help someone....as everyone has helped us

My bf is Australian I am English. I met him in England for 2 months we were together he decided that he wanted to come back to england to give it a go so he came back for 2 months sorted his WHV and then returned we lived together for 12 months in which his visa was up so I moved here on a WHV. I then decided I loved the place and wanted to stay so we applied for my partner visa 820

We included in the visa...

Upfront English Police check

Upfront medicals both clear

Rental agreements for the 2 places we had lived in England, with both of our names on..bills in both of our names

Our joint account both in England and Oz (printed off a statement from random months and highlighted when my bf sent me money etc)

copy of joint cheque book

Stat Decs From Bfs parents. brother, his 2 friends (teacher and lawyer not sure if that made any difference ..none from my side as they asked for australian citizens

photograpsh about 50 of us basically everywhere over the last year and a half with writing on the back where we were and who we were with

a phone bill showing contact daily (hourly :-) ) when my bf was back in Oz sorting out his visa

Copies of letters at current address as living with his parents (ambulance , car insurance etc)

Flight itinerarys from the beginning, ticket stubs, print out of emails from beginning of relationship,invitations to wedding and partys and thank you letters

Proof of savings shares etc

application form each, passport pictures

I think this was pretty much it! can't believe how quick it was granted...happy to answer any questions anyone has xbec and nick x

Guest amandine2010

It is great to hear some people are lucky.

My partner (AUS) and I (FR) have applied over 2 months ago at the Melbourne office for an 820visa too.

We haven't been given a Case Officer yet. When I call immigration I am told our application is in the queue...Nobody has looked at it yet.

Can you tell me when you applied? Was it very recent? Which visa were you on to start with? I am on a tourist visa, maybe that is why...

Thanks.

I was on a British Holiday working visa. Which still had 9 months left. I didnt want to pay all the money and realise I didnt want to live here!we applied the first week of Jan and were lucky enough to get it in 7 days....they said i could wait up to 6 months....no idea why it was so quick! guess its luck of the draw~~fingers crossed that you get yours granted very soon

Archived