Address on UK driving license?

Guest col&dee

Guest col&dee

:err: I'm thinking that when you move to Oz you will need to contact the DVLA to let them know you are residing outside the country? You are required to have your correct address on your license so what happens when you don't have a UK address? :err:

Hiya we didnt notify them ? not sure if we did right or not but we exchanged here for Qld licences here no problems and now just use them to amuse the aussies.They are fascinated how long the driver numbers are and how long they are valid for.strange but true!!

Cal x

Guest culshawsdownunder

G'day

Don't stress, I don't think they will hunt you down.We did not notify the DVLA that we were moving. We moved to QLD. We used our UK Licenses until we got QLD ones. We had to do theory test but they have scrapped that now thank god.

Guest thekeg95

I'd have it readdressed to a friend or familys house and keep it. Some times when you get stopped it's good to have. Little oopses can be overlooked if it all seems to hard for the police. They get a buzz finding out where your from and what it's like and so on

Steve

Guest Craig and Susan Reith

hi have just changed my paper licence to a photo one, on the back of form it says only notify them of change of address in uk they do not keep overseas addresses on file. so i wont be letting them know i am leaving.

As the keg says they can sometimes be handy and allow you to get off scott free ,but you are expected to change it as a priority according the boys in blue here and as hubby found it you will be very frowned upon if you produce it when you do have an aussie one as when they put your details in their little computer it tells them youve already exchanged ,,be warned!!!!

Cal x

Archived