Anyone received negative skills assessment from ICAA, CPA, or NIA?

Guest figone

I'm about to send all my documents to ICAA for my skills assessment. I'm using the "Uni or Tertiary" route as I do not have certification.

Just curious, has anyone been declined a positive assessment or had any issues with coursework, non-accounting degrees, bad marks, etc.?

The reason for my concern is that I have a degree in Business Economics, but do have coursework in more than nine of the twelve core knowledge areas. I don't have formal CA?CPA certification, but do work as a managerial accountant for an engineering/manufacturing firm in the States for the past two years.

Any replies/assurances would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Figone,

I used an agent, and before submitting, they assessed everything and were confident that I would get a successful outcome, based on my accounting degree. I did think that I could account for about 10 of the 12 subjects, based on my module titles, and had to provide full module descriptors for each and every module shown on my transcript to detail the work completed. I dont think they look at the marks but just as long as you've passed. Its not based on coursework but modules passed.

I did pass the skills assessment but on the letter, they said that I hadnt met the criteria for one of the law subjects and recommended I pass this should I wish to register to go on and study further with ICAA. I had thought that I had covered law within the 3 law modules I had sat but obviously not for what they required. For this reason, I'd say use an agent and Go Matilda's director, Alan Collett, is an ICAA and ICAEW qualified accountant and is very aware of the requirements of the accountancy bodies for skills assessment purposes.

Good luck,

Shaz

Yes, some one I know did get his skills assessment rejected from NIA.

Then on the same documents he applied to CPA. And they accepted him.

I my self have got positive skills assessment from ICAA.

I have a professional certification called ACCA. Its one of the recognized ones. So I didn't have to send all the course descriptions etc.

I satisfied 10 of 12 requirements. Even after being professionally qualified I did not satisfy the australian law and tax requirement. but still it was good enough for me.

So yeah applications can be rejected. But if you have a professional certification then you are unlikely to be rejected.

Archived