Processing times for 457 visa

Guest angiem75

Guest sharpie76

Hi There guys yes we too have been waiting for our visa's to be processed since March, it does not help when your case officer goes on holiday for 2 weeks i was meant to start work on 5th May, extended to 5th June and still no Visa i am not in dispair will this ever happen.

I just need to know so i can sort my life out.

Good luck everyone who is in the same situation

Nicki

thanks and best wishes, hope u get the visa soooooooooon....!!

P.S. I love Aussie Visa Case Officers... LOL

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mark&robyn

H Nicky,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Ours been in since April, my potential new employer is getting a bit impatient.

It is hard enough to secure an employer sponsor especially in my trade of horse trainer to have them waiting for what seems like ages.

I know the company have contacted the case officer over 2 weeks ago but got no reply.

Good luck to those waiting, hopefully we will hear something soon.

Guest sharpie76

Hi Mark & Robyn

Good luck guys it is a nightmare, i hope you get your visa's soon, we are living with friends with furniture in a container waiting to be shipped, my company has been very good considering but i can see their patients wearing thin soon too. My job is a little random too, i sell dental implants to dentists. not the run of the mill job lol

Cant wait to celebrate soon.

Regards

Nicki

Guest mark&robyn

Hey Nicki,

Tell me about it!!

Luckily for us we are in Oz & have been for the last year although not working! So would be great for an answer very soon.

Good luck!

Guest sharpie76

Very Envious wish we were there, so looking forward to finally going and getting settled. Let us know how you get on

Best Wishes

Nicki

Hey Nicki,

Tell me about it!!

Luckily for us we are in Oz & have been for the last year although not working! So would be great for an answer very soon.

Good luck!

Guest hoping29

I

Hi Mark & Robyn

Good luck guys it is a nightmare, i hope you get your visa's soon, we are living with friends with furniture in a container waiting to be shipped, my company has been very good considering but i can see their patients wearing thin soon too. My job is a little random too, i sell dental implants to dentists. not the run of the mill job lol

Cant wait to celebrate soon.

Regards

Nicki

Hi to all 457 in the waiting, were still waiting them to approve our 457 visa, How hard to approve the 457 visa if you completed all the requirements they ask for? Our papers have been lodged on March 9,2010- Application recieved processing commenced, Application fee recieved. April 27,2010- Health requirements finalised, Application being processed further, what does it means? :SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP:still waiting for what! its been 3 months! still no current visa! My Husband is working hard for them! and all he ask for in return is to be with us! how hard is that!??

Very Envious wish we were there, so looking forward to finally going and getting settled. Let us know how you get on

Best Wishes

Nicki

Hi Nicki,

I am just wondering where you are heading to, we are going to Perth. Our case was logged on March 31th. So far no news yet from them. I believe we have the same situation.

Regards

Wei

Guest sharpie76

Hi there we are due to go out to Melbourne, you must have the same case officer lol. They are certainly dragging their heals over things they have had all the correct information sent for weeks. Fingers crossed it will be soon that we all hear.

Regards

Nicki

Hi Nicki,

I am just wondering where you are heading to, we are going to Perth. Our case was logged on March 31th. So far no news yet from them. I believe we have the same situation.

Regards

Wei

Hi there we are due to go out to Melbourne, you must have the same case officer lol. They are certainly dragging their heals over things they have had all the correct information sent for weeks. Fingers crossed it will be soon that we all hear.

Regards

Nicki

Hi Nicki,

I totally agree with you. According to my agent, our case was taken over by a new case officer (the old one just took off????????). And so far no additional paper needed, no phone call regarding background check. And what else? What are they waiting for to make the final call? I guess they just follow with their timeline (which is 3 months for us) no matter how complete your paper is. Hope it will come before the end of this month for us.

Oh by the way, our nomination wasn't approved yet, pretty strange ha!!!:mad:

regards,

Wei

Guest mark&robyn

Hi,

Been waiting 8 weeks so far for nomination to be approved & nothing!

That would be one thing off my mind if that was sorted!

Guest nixster

Hi guys we got our 457 visa approved this morning! Sent application in 24/4/10 front loaded with meds further docs requested on the 30/4/10 approved today!!! Took just over 6 weeks. We are going to Brisbane hopefully flying out weekend after next. My start date is the 5th July. Good luck guys and hang in there!!!!:biggrin:

Guest mark&robyn

Congratulations!

We submitted just a few days before & company sponsoring in QLD, same office processing. So fingers crossed.

Enjoy Oz!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi ,

Yes you are right, Medicals not usually required for low Risk countries so you should be fine.

I would be heading for Sydney....last time I had 457 in 4 weeks flat after I submitted the medicals..that was 2 years back though, had the initial 457 for 2 years.

Now, since changed employers had to apply for 457 again....hopefully it gets sorted quickly now, running into week 9....All the best to everyone else waiting..

But I am surprised about the PCC..I certainly do not remember submitting them last time I applied for a 457 & this time I a positive I have not been asked to do so as well by the agent as well as the CO as yet........

Hi sorry to interrupt what you were talkin about but could i ask a question pls to Aussie wannabe ...... as you have applied for 457 twice could you tell me if when you applied for the visa 457 if you had to send or were asked to supply work references as supporting evidence for your VISA.. i cant find an answer to this anywhere and its driving me insane cos i have just narrowly missed losing my third job offer due to slow references from ex employer.. i now have a job after a long wait for refs - just applying for visa now but i read in horror on the net that i may have to supply refernces again for visa.. i don think i can face asking ex emplyers again and its hard as im in a different country too, Is this right or will CV ahprah reg and trascripts be sufficient as supporting evidence? -- if you or anyone could ansewr this question i may be able to sleep soon LOL

thanks

thanks:confused: :frown::policeman::arghh::eek::idea::chatterbox::twitcy:

• 1 year later...
Guest Punjaban

Hi Angie,

My husband had his x rays done on the 25/04/2012 and recieved i Melborne in 27/04/2012 but my online stautes changed start after they recieved the medicals.

i know the waiting is hard.... weekend seems too long.

hope that helps

Archived