cathay pacific v singapore airlines

Guest ad&vic

hi all

can get flights off both CP & SA for similar costs, just wondered about your thoughts on each, which would get your vote?

we are traveling with a 3 & 4 year old, so need good in flight entertainment

CP is manchester HK

SA is manchester SIN

would the SA SIN>MEL on the A380 make a diff compared to CP 747 all the way

never been to HK before is it a place to relax a little with the 2 little 'uns?

cheers for the help

ad

Guest smileykylie

I would always choose a A380 if I had the choice - so much more room.

having said that I am flying cathay pacific as it was the cheapest for me!!!!

Guest proud2beaussie

Cathay Pacific is an excellent airline and I recommend them to many clients,however when it comes to a choice between Cathay and Singapore Airlines there is no comparison IMO-it has to be Singapore Airlines,the A380 is an excellent,new aircraft(although many carriers are having maintenance issues-that is to be expected in a new design) and SQ are renowned for their in flight service.

pound for pound you would be crazy not to go with Singapore Airlines.

Guest brizziebound

We have flown twice with Singapore, and are flying again next week Heathrow to Sydney on the A380, always a first class service and we highly recommend them.

Martin

We weren't that keen on Cathay, so much so that unless we really had no other choice we wouldn't fly with them again. Very cramped on our particular plane and service was....well, poor to say the least. Of course that may be down to the crew on duty but for us it is a case of first impressions etc.

Although having never flown with Cathay, I have used Singapore, Malaysian & Qantas, singapore airlines are by far better (although I would not say the other carriers where bad at all), and I have only heard positive reports about the A380. Its a long trek & any extra legroom & comfort is a definite bonus.

Found Cathay Pacific brilliant both times we have flown them but there is only 1 small play area in the airport. I understand singapore airport is better (can book into transit hotel to use pool, etc.) so would have chosen them if there hadn't been such a huge price difference for us.

Liz

I can't compare as such as never flown Cathay, however, we've flown a lot of other Airlines and Singapore is probably the best we've used. Also, as others have mentioned, the facilities at Singapore airport are excellent and the ability to book into the transit hotel for a few hours sleep between connecting flights, or using the pool or even leaving the airport & taking a bus tour of Singapore are all good options to have.

Hi I have flown with both airlines singapore airport is amazing we flew on the airbus last january and service was outstanding was even lucky enouh that we had 2 seats each. I havent had a good experience with them when i flew back to uk 2 weeks ago but i think I just had a unhappy team:arghh:.

CP are also good flown with them several times and I am sure they were awarded airline of the year.

I wish you well on your journey

Singapore airlines is the best airline I have ever flown with and I've flown a few. It has a bit more legroom, amazing food [i don't usually eat plane food but I did on Singapore!] they even give you ice creams, full size ones! Staff lovely too, oh and the airport, don't get me started! Its brilliant! Games, xboxes, gardens, swimming pools, I was entertained for hours!

hi all

i have flown with singapore a few times and always found them very good. saying that, my wife flew back to with two kids when she was 6 months pregnant and got no help whatsoever from the staff. it left a foul taste in her mouth. so much so she would not fly with them again. i flew back with lauda air a few years ago and found them great.

Archived