Hotel or Rental in Perth req'd 22/01 onwards

Nats

Hi guys,

looking for advice and/directions please. Arrive in Perth 22 January, havent organised anywhere to stay as yet ... the whole ordeal of trying to just get to Perth has been tiring and I've now run out of steam!

I have spent months browsing various websites for rentals - then, between us we decided that I would be travelling alone initially so I looked at rooms to let and even made some enquiries. Long story short, situation now changed - both arriving 22nd Jan with nowhere to go. Should I book into a hotel for a week or so and arrange rental when I get there or should I try to sort something out before I arrive?

It has taken so long to get to this point, never thought it was actually going to happen - I now need to pack my entire life and get my affairs in order, so much so that the thought of another few days spent online perusing the rental market is sending my head into a spin.

Does anyone know of any prospective rentals coming onto the market? or can anyone recommend hotels? Theres just the two of us, in our thirties ... I will be working in the City, no car - relying on public transport.

Thanks

Natalie x

Guest kebab king

Hi,we did our recce in Perth in 2003 and used Dowler appartments.(South Perth & Subiaco Accommodation in Perth, Western Australia. WA Business & Holiday Accommodation by Dowler Apartments, Perth.) Nice people,clean tidy appartments. They even gave us a reference when we came to Melbourne in 2006. Might be worth a look. Hope this helps, good luck!

Hi guys,

looking for advice and/directions please. Arrive in Perth 22 January, havent organised anywhere to stay as yet ... the whole ordeal of trying to just get to Perth has been tiring and I've now run out of steam!

I have spent months browsing various websites for rentals - then, between us we decided that I would be travelling alone initially so I looked at rooms to let and even made some enquiries. Long story short, situation now changed - both arriving 22nd Jan with nowhere to go. Should I book into a hotel for a week or so and arrange rental when I get there or should I try to sort something out before I arrive?

It has taken so long to get to this point, never thought it was actually going to happen - I now need to pack my entire life and get my affairs in order, so much so that the thought of another few days spent online perusing the rental market is sending my head into a spin.

Does anyone know of any prospective rentals coming onto the market? or can anyone recommend hotels? Theres just the two of us, in our thirties ... I will be working in the City, no car - relying on public transport.

Thanks

Natalie x

hi nat ...i would personally book into one of the hotels in the city for 2 weeks ...at least this takes the pressure of for a little while ....rentals are easier to get when you are actually here as they require a lot of details from you lol ....the only thing is hotels are quite expensive at this time of year being summer but friends of ours stayed at the goodearth ...which is in the city centre and is one of the cheaper ones but still very nice ...good luck and safe journey when it comes

mrs keily

Hi Natalie,

I can understand how headspinning it can be to move and relocate to another place. What brings you to Perth? What is your budget for your rental? And how long will you be looking to rent for?

I have been in Perth now for about 2 years, and might be able to help. I have a friend that is looking to rent her place out around the same time as your arrival. But it's not smack in the city of Perth.

Are you looking to stay near the city? or you don't mind staying a bit further out (eg. 10-15mins) as long as it's convenient to get into the city by public? Did you want to stay near the beach? (ie. north of river) or you're not too fussed?

Cheers,

shirlz

Thanks for all the replies, checking out the holiday apts link now kebab king and will look at goodearth too Keily - Good luck with your forthcomng delivery!!

Hi Shirlz, I am starting a grad nurse post at the Mount hospital, I guess the type of property we find will determine the length of rental. If the property is small - maybe short term, 3 months perhaps? The trouble is, we dont know Perth, therefore tieing ourselves into a long-term agreement might not be the best way to go. It would be nice to find our feet, suss out the areas we prefer etc ... but 6 months would be okay. We've rented here in the UK in the past, 6 months is nothing really in the grand scheme of things. I dont mind living outside of the city, infact I think I might prefer this ... anything up to 30 minutes travelling is very reasonable, provided there are good transport links to the city. Given my occupation I have to work unsociable hours therefore trains/buses need to start early for me. Near the beach would be lovely, but not essential - we can build up to our dream home in time. Im not sure about budget, the more money we can save the better - I have been looking around for properties at $300 p/w, however if I could save on that i would be happy! Guess it really depends on whats included ie. outdoor space etc.

Had a good couple of hours searching there ... probably safe to view before sealing the deal. But if your friend has a suitable place to rent i'd be interested to hear from you shirlz.

Nats x

Thanks for all the replies, checking out the holiday apts link now kebab king and will look at goodearth too Keily - Good luck with your forthcomng delivery!!

Hi Shirlz, I am starting a grad nurse post at the Mount hospital, I guess the type of property we find will determine the length of rental. If the property is small - maybe short term, 3 months perhaps? The trouble is, we dont know Perth, therefore tieing ourselves into a long-term agreement might not be the best way to go. It would be nice to find our feet, suss out the areas we prefer etc ... but 6 months would be okay. We've rented here in the UK in the past, 6 months is nothing really in the grand scheme of things. I dont mind living outside of the city, infact I think I might prefer this ... anything up to 30 minutes travelling is very reasonable, provided there are good transport links to the city. Given my occupation I have to work unsociable hours therefore trains/buses need to start early for me. Near the beach would be lovely, but not essential - we can build up to our dream home in time. Im not sure about budget, the more money we can save the better - I have been looking around for properties at $300 p/w, however if I could save on that i would be happy! Guess it really depends on whats included ie. outdoor space etc.

Had a good couple of hours searching there ... probably safe to view before sealing the deal. But if your friend has a suitable place to rent i'd be interested to hear from you shirlz.

Nats x

£300 a week for something will be a bit of a struggle ,sayin that just breakleased in mindarie 3 x 2 for 320 nice little house walk to clarko station 20 mins then train to perth 40 mins , trains and buses do start early , looking for less than 300 be a bit of a struggle. You wont get a rental unless its private till you physically view and have to provide all details including your bra and shoe sizes, it seems like that

Yeah ... but we're not fussed about size. A 1 bed unit or whatever will do us for now, there is afterall just the two of us. thanks for the gumtree link, I was looking at flatshares on there before and it is quite helpful. x

Guest guest17301

Nats, I will get back to you soon but in the meantime..I think you could rent a nice apartment in Joondalup for around $350 a week, even apartments (nice ones) are more than that in the city. Joondalup is lovely IMO and excellent transport links to the Mount (looking at 40 mins though) Search on www.reiwa.com.au. Book a hotel for 7-14 nights and then hire a car and have a good look around. I'll keep my eyes open for you. Good luck x

Guest The Digby's

Hi

We are in a temp rental in Hocking near Joondalup , this will be finishing in 4 weeks time, I have not managed to finalise any work yet and am reluctant to sign up to a hefty rental for a year, with anything we have seen so far. "ideally" we would like something nearer the coast, modern, 4x2 with a pool . (our kids are in Connolly school). Budget $600-$800 per wk tops. Once the work situation changes we would be looking for longer term. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Kris

Archived