washing dilemma how to get blood out

ozzbound

My daughter has been attacked by mossies and has bites all over her legs. Last night she was scratching one whilst sat on the settee and it later bled all over the WHITE Ikea sofas!!! (we were given them by my dad i would never buy white sofas with kids!!!)

Luckily they have removable covers but i am unsure of what to use to get the blood stain out :sad:

Can anyone help?

Guest guest30038

natural method.......If it's fresh and hasn't been washed, dampen it with cold water cover in salt and rub into the fabric, then rub a generous amount of soap into the stain and finish off with a cold wash. do not wipe with warm water or wash before treating as this will "set" the stain.

Ammonia works as well on colour fast cloth. Do not use bleach.

kev

Guest Guest31881
natural method.......If it's fresh and hasn't been washed, dampen it with cold water cover in salt and rub into the fabric, then rub a generous amount of soap into the stain and finish off with a cold wash. do not wash before treating as this will "set" the stain.

Ammonia works as well on colour fast cloth. Do not use bleach.

kev

You can always tell someone who has had to wash blood from clothing, Spot on Kev.

Never use hot water to remove blood, cold water and salt the best method. Then clean with soap. Using hot water sets the protein in the blood and you will never move it after.

Guest siamsusie
My daughter has been attacked by mossies and has bites all over her legs. Last night she was scratching one whilst sat on the settee and it later bled all over the WHITE Ikea sofas!!! (we were given them by my dad i would never buy white sofas with kids!!!)

Luckily they have removable covers but i am unsure of what to use to get the blood stain out

Can anyone help?

OOOOOh!! I have those sofas as well.... as the "blood gurus" above said, cold water.... I took mine to the dry cleaners and had them professionally washed not dry cleaned, unusual for me some red wine fell out of my mouth:laugh: left some nasty stains and they came up very well... good luck

Susie x:wubclub:

NB you might find even the two seater covers are too big for the machine hence the DC's .. best wishes

Anything that's an enzyme-based or biologically active will do the job. For small areas you can even repeatedly apply dribble (your own or your daughter's) as the enzymes in the saliva digest the blood. Then a good wash.

Guest guest30038
You can always tell someone who has had to wash blood from clothing,

Comes with the job of pub management mate :biglaugh:

kev

Archived