Uk Provisional PR holder - worried my recent health problems affect my application

Guest brisbane

Guest brisbane

Hi

I am from the UK

I applied for PR based on my 1 year relationship with an Australia i recently got my provisional resident visa which means after 2 years I am assesed and then should hopefully get PR.

I have developed some mental health problems. I have a medicare (interim) card. I am scared to go and see a psychologist.. on medicare because I am worried the government will say i am in poor health and reject my visa

Is part of their assesment, after the 2 year provisional period, to check with my doctors to find out about my medical problems. If I am claiming from medicare is that going to "go against me" since I am using public funds?

Something tells me, since I already passed the health checks for the current visa they wont be able to consider and recent health problems.. perhaps they are not allowed to descriminate against me for that... or not.

I hope someone can advise!!

Guest Jackie Smith

When you apply for your PR you will have to undertake another medical part of which will involve you having to answer various questions about your health. I don't know whether they will check your doctor's records, but I do know that all the advice I've been given is that you should not lie about anything on these forms. If you lie and you are found out, the chances are you will not get into Oz as a PR. If you tell the truth, you will probably find that the medical problems you have are not as important as you think - particularly if you have got help and managed to get them under control. My husband has a minor heart condition - he declared it and had a letter from his doctor stating that it does not cause him problems on a day to day basis. The doc who did the medical thought it wasn't a problem and simply ignored his condition. I would have been worried if he lied about it in case they did an ECG and found out about it anyway.

To sumarise - get help, get it under control and be honest!

Archived