Skills assessment duration for ACS

User Name

Hi Guys, anyone knows how long it takes for ACS generally takes to do the skills assessment?

I just finished my course and now going to apply for the 885 visa. Problem is that my visa expires on March 15, and if ACS takes full 12 weeks it specifies on its website, I'll be getting my assessment end of March or early April which doesn't work.

And given the new changes to rules, you need to have assessment ready before lodging your application (previously I think you just need to show evidence that you have submitted your application for assessment and post it once you get it).

Anyone else on similar situation as me? Its got me deeply worried but I am sure I am not the only one in this scenario.

Hi there,

Mine took around 8 weeks. There was another thread with people mentioning their duration but cannot find it. However, I remember that they all got it before the 12 weeks.

Good luck mate :) Don't give up and sometimes I think that everything happens for a reason and that if you embrace it and keep fighting for your dreams you'll feel better :)

Cheers

B!K3R

Thanks guys. I had some big issues at university in changing my course status to "completed". I got my results out on 16th December 2009, but the university system failed to update my status from "Active" to "Completed". I didnt know that existed to happily applied for my statement of course completion and my transcript hoping to get them by 20th so I can lodge it immediately.

Took a while to fix that and had to apply for new set of transcripts and wasted a good 3 weeks in the process.

Basically I need to buy time in case ACS chooses to take its time. Does anyone recommend 485 visa or any others just to buy time and once i get teh assessment I can lodge my application straightaway?

Archived