Anyone tell me where's nice in East of Melbourne

luisem143

Hi, I've spent the last few months researching South West Melbourne with the hope of going to The Womans Hospital Melbourne, but now it is possible that I may go to St Vincents in East Melbourne, can anyone recommend to me any nice places to rent for my self, my husband and 2 children (aged 7 & 3).

Thanx guys

Lu x :wub:

Hi, I've spent the last few months researching South West Melbourne with the hope of going to The Womans Hospital Melbourne, but now it is possible that I may go to St Vincents in East Melbourne, can anyone recommend to me any nice places to rent for my self, my husband and 2 children (aged 7 & 3).

Thanx guys

Lu x :wub:

Hi, that would really depend on the budget and what type of property you want. East melbourne you would be able to get smaller houses which would be older properties and not much land, but you could live further East and get normal house blocks with big back yards etc. Good luck on your move from Knowsley. We relatives there. We are from Wallasey and live in the outer East (Croydon Hills) have been here for 20 years.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Lu

Congratulations on the job offers. As the other poster has mentioned your budget will have a lot of say in the areas we could recommend and also how much commuting do you want to do to work?

Looking at big bucks to buy in East Melbourne and rental depends on what you want as its walking distance to CBD. You could look at Collingwood which is over the road and not far away, Carlton, North Melbourne, Fitzroy, Fairfield and then move on further out. South Yarra is commutable know someone who was at St Vs and he lived there but is now at Royal Melbourne and lives in North Melbourne.

Thanx for the reply guys :smile: my budget is about $400 a wk maybe could stretch to $450 but it would have to be amazing.

I don't mind commuting about an hour but the short the better especially with those early starts lol

Good schools is obviously a must not private as that might be pushing the boat,

See I'm getting picky now :biglaugh:

Anyway thanx again guys

Lu x

Hi, that would really depend on the budget and what type of property you want. East melbourne you would be able to get smaller houses which would be older properties and not much land, but you could live further East and get normal house blocks with big back yards etc. Good luck on your move from Knowsley. We relatives there. We are from Wallasey and live in the outer East (Croydon Hills) have been here for 20 years.

Thanx scousers, where about in knowsley do your family live?? 20 years hey so it was definitely worth the move then xx

A friend of mine lives in East Melbourne and they paid well over a million dollars for their home there. Apartments can be had for about three fifty to four hundred but if do not think they will be child friendly. My friend doctor has a friend who rents in East Melbourne and the block is mainly single young professionals.

Thanx scousers, where about in knowsley do your family live?? 20 years hey so it was definitely worth the move then xx

Hi, Family orginally where in Cantrill Farm, then Hyton and now Woods Lane Knowsley. Was over there in Aug to see them all, it was great love going home. Yes it was worth it but never underestimate the home sickness! I still get times when it hits, not always and it does get easier. But silly thing still effect you, like tonight we went to a lovely garden christmas party really lovely people but no one dances! Just one of those things that differant and i will never stop missing it!!

Good Luck with your plans, keep in touch.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gadgetman

Hi Lu. My wife actually works at St. Vincents Private (as a midwife) but she calls it Fitzroy. Is this the same one?

Anyway we moved here last April and are also ex-scousers but we moved away down south almost 30 years ago. My mum still lives in Ford.

We are living in a lovely town called Sandringham about 35 minutes commute to the city. Our rent is much more than your budget but this is for a 3 bed house and we have two wages coming in.

When do you plan to move?

I would definitely recommend Doncaster or Doncaster East. It is close to the Eastern Freeway, and a drive to the city takes about 15-20 minutes (same for St. Vincents). The Doncaster Shopping town is one of the best shopping centers in Melbourne.

Not sure if you will be able to find something in your price range, but its worth checking on domain or realestate.com.au.

Happy house hunting and Merry Christmas :))

Hi, thank you for your advice not moving out til next year which I suppose is not long :-) Sandringham is expensive but it has some fab houses, seen an amazing one on keets street WOW. Might have to rejig the finances :-)

Happy New year to you all hopefully next year I will be in Oz celebrating it first :smile:xxxx

Guest golden grahams

hi

we are in glen waverley, the house prices are very expensive, but rentals are average, it takes me around an hour to get to the city centre for work, door-door, the area is very quaint and quiet, we wont stay in the area long term just until the rental agreement is up, but the kids love the area.

• 2 months later...

I love Doncaster and that area has great shopping, parks, schools, etc. - it's a little cheaper because it doesn't have train or tram but has a great bus service. I just can't see you getting through to Victoria Parade via Hoddle Street in 15 or 20 minutes - you can probably do that out of rush hour .

Other nice suburbs in the east which admittedly aren't quite as lovely or close as Sandringham and the like are Nunawading, Mitcham and North Ringwood, Nunawading and then out to Croydon, Chirnside Park and Lilydale.

All the best with your move.

were in watsonia/ greensborough. it takes 35-45 mins to get to st v's for an early shift. takes an hour at lunch hours. ivanhoe and heidleburge are nices areas - closer too so travel time less by at least 15-20 mins

prices of houses are much cheaper to more you go out. We have a 4 bed with good size garden for $310per week.

I know someone who works at St V's and they live frankston south. it takes them an hour.

The maps can be decieving, so weve discovered, places are closer than they seem.

Archived