ACT State Sponsorship

Guest BKP

How long does it take for granting ACT SS?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How long does it take for granting ACT SS?

• As per the priority time
    • Before priority time
    • After priority time

hi.. i keep reading posts on this site regularly, and found it very helpful. this is my first post and i hope someone will clear my doubts.... my state sponsorship application comes in normal priority, which means it takes about 30 working days for processing. where as now it has been 55 days, and i have not received any response. is anyone facing the same problem?

-----------------

ACS skill assessment(ASCO 2231-11) - 26/06/2009, ACT SS applied on - 12/10/2009, ACT SS granted - Waiting!!

Thank you Lavender776,

i see this almost every day... i think this says 7th Oct from last 20 days... how about you? even u are waiting for ACT SS.

Thanks again.

Hi Toops,

i think we both are in the same boat, i have sent on 12th oct. stilt waiting... any ways days are not too far.... keep checking your mails...

I will, even though it's a tiresoem waitign game you DO feel better knowing that is isn't just you. Good luck! I will post on here once I hear news.

i thought today i'll get my reply but........... u know what... my ss application date is 12th oct n as per there update they are working on 12th oct.. as you say tiresome waiting game.. u r right.. :)

Still waiting.... very patiently like a good girl. My brother goes to Adelaide in January the lucky bugger. he is in the Police and got employer sponsorship. It only took 3 months for him to get his visa. Still... all good things come to those who wait. :-)

Merry Christmas everyone. Let's all wish for a nice hot one next year. :-))

hi toops,

you know from last 2 weeks they are working on 12 oct apl. and mine is 12 oct... m going mad now... hope it comes before 24th or else its going to be in next year it self... congratulations to your brother..

Merry Christmas & Happy new year to all....

• 5 weeks later...
Sponsorship forms was sent in on 30th sept 2009, their received date -13th October. Finally got State sponsorship yesterday!!!!! So So happy.

We got ours today too, I had the phone call at work and wanted to scream out...!!

So so pleased, another step closer now. Good luck Smiffs - keep in touch. :jiggy:

Congratulations Smiffs & toops,

you both are really lucky, just look at mine i have not at got anything, my app date is just a day before Smiffs, that is 12th oct 2009. i am now getting lit worried. but ya god is great, let me hope for the best.

thanks for update keep writing....

• 2 weeks later...
is anybody else waiting for ACT SS Approval...?

I know it's frustrating, we just sat tight and waited and waited. I have my fingers crossed that you get some good news soon. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BKP

I noticed that you are the same ASCO code as my OH and we are waiting for ACS results to come back and then we are going to apply for SS aswell. What do you think about the job opportunities in ACT for that role. Do you think ACT will put that ASCO on their state migration plan? We are all confused now and hoping that we get to Oz - we have been planning this for over a year now and we dont want to wait 3 or 4 years for the visa to come through

Suzanne

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentleman,

This is a very tricky and confusing situation in this case. Only some senior members can solve this issue.

Guys, Here is my time line.....

HRC|Desigraned Area Sponsonsored -Class UZ Subclass 496-Provisional|30.08.07|Ack on 24.1.08|C.O. 20.10.09|Medical-08.08|PCC-09.09|Job veri-3.09.09|Visa Grant-Waiting(Category 6)Non CSL,NOn MODL

Now I would like to apply for ACT sponsorship. As I fall under this state list.As U all must have read my detailed timeline. This is a provisional visa. My agent says u can not apply for state sponsorship in this category(I mean under 496 visa).Can somebody answer some of the questions here..

1. How much cost will be involved If I go for state sponsorship( As my bother who

sponsored me is in Victoria not in ACT)?

2. How much time it would take to processing of this visa class?

3. Should I refer to my earlier application if I apply for new state sponsorship?What effect it will make it on my new application?

Ladies and Gentleman,

This is a very tricky and confusing situation in this case. Only some senior members can solve this issue.

Guys, Here is my time line.....

HRC|Desigraned Area Sponsonsored -Class UZ Subclass 496-Provisional|30.08.07|Ack on 24.1.08|C.O. 20.10.09|Medical-08.08|PCC-09.09|Job veri-3.09.09|Visa Grant-Waiting(Category 6)Non CSL,NOn MODL

Now I would like to apply for ACT sponsorship. As I fall under this state list.As U all must have read my detailed timeline. This is a provisional visa. My agent says u can not apply for state sponsorship in this category(I mean under 496 visa).Can somebody answer some of the questions here..

1. How much cost will be involved If I go for state sponsorship( As my bother who

sponsored me is in Victoria not in ACT)?

2. How much time it would take to processing of this visa class?

3. Should I refer to my earlier application if I apply for new state sponsorship?What effect it will make it on my new application?

I cant answer all of your questions but if you go for state sponsorship the cost is approx 285 AUD but you must also show that you have 20000 AUD in your bank account for the last three months and 10000 for each each dependant.

As you have already applied for a visa I think you would be low priority and it would take 3-4 months for your SS to be approved

I cant answer your third question sorry

Archived