poms in perth

tonyman

Guest Guest31881
do any of you guys still visit poms in perth? if not why ? has the site gone down hill or is it picking up again ...........

Its the same with the 'Brits in Brisbane' site, I visit every day, but not a lot of posting going on there now.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi everyone,

the answer as to why people are not posting on Poms in Perth, is for one of two reasons.

1. They are all out and about enjoying themselves in sunny beautiful Perth, or--

2. They have all been killed, or seriously maimed by the crocs and sharks attacking them in their pools, or the spiders and snakes have got em and not to mention the killer boxed jelly fish, theres death round every corner. only joking.

Come on you lovely lucky people let us know what its really like in Perth, someone today said that Clarkson is a sink hole estate, like Harehills, The Gipton and Chapletown, in sunny Leeds, Yorkshire.

Whats the jobs market like, its dire here in the uk, whats the perception of crime like and are you really happy that you made the move, we would be migrants want to know it all, even the not so good bits.

cheers jim 175pr csl visa granted last week.

Hi everyone,

the answer as to why people are not posting on Poms in Perth, is for one of two reasons.

1. They are all out and about enjoying themselves in sunny beautiful Perth, or--

2. They have all been killed, or seriously maimed by the crocs and sharks attacking them in their pools, or the spiders and snakes have got em and not to mention the killer boxed jelly fish, theres death round every corner. only joking.

Come on you lovely lucky people let us know what its really like in Perth, someone today said that Clarkson is a sink hole estate, like Harehills, The Gipton and Chapletown, in sunny Leeds, Yorkshire.

Whats the jobs market like, its dire here in the uk, whats the perception of crime like and are you really happy that you made the move, we would be migrants want to know it all, even the not so good bits.

f**C SAKE STEADY ON what u been on ? nowt wrong with perth what so ever , was asking about the web site ! there is no comparison with uk........... uk is a hole that they are diggin deeper !

dont you find the banter amusing...............just needs more people and post on it !

Sorry I think I misread your post - I thought you were talking about our sister site Perth Poms - Poms in Perth is a different site altogether. I did find the 'banter' (on the latter) a little bit harsh at times and stopped going on because of it.

Hi everyone,

The OP was asking about a website. Personally, I don't comment on areas that I don't know and wouldn't call anywhere a slum - at the end of the day it's all about personal preference where they live. What's one persons dream isn't necessarily anothers.

To answer your questions:

Clarkson - don't know never been and therefore won't comment

Job Market - slow like everywhere else, I work in the health service and jobs were frozen for a time ... but posts are now being advertised so things hopefully will pick up

Crime: I live in a low crime area but crime and major crime (murder, rape, assaults) does exist. I do feel safer, my children feel safer .... but we still are vigilant and discuss stranger danger etc.,

Am I glad I made the move - yes I am.

harsh? i just think they having a bit of fun ect , no harm ment ? is the perth poms site any good then ?

Not much traffic on the Perth poms site, as I said most of the people are on here, in part because it's the sister site I guess.

Not been on Poms in Perth for over 12 months - so it may very well have changed.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
f**C SAKE STEADY ON what u been on ? nowt wrong with perth what so ever , was asking about the web site ! there is no comparison with uk........... uk is a hole that they are diggin deeper !

Hi tonyman,

you just don't sound convincing with your comments, surely theres hoodies everywhere and Perth is a hell hole, come on tell the truth you bludger, don't sit on the fence lol.

jim.:biglaugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
The OP was asking about a website. Personally, I don't comment on areas that I don't know and wouldn't call anywhere a slum - at the end of the day it's all about personal preference where they live. What's one persons dream isn't necessarily anothers.

To answer your questions:

Clarkson - don't know never been and therefore won't comment

Job Market - slow like everywhere else, I work in the health service and jobs were frozen for a time ... but posts are now being advertised so things hopefully will pick up

Crime: I live in a low crime area but crime and major crime (murder, rape, assaults) does exist. I do feel safer, my children feel safer .... but we still are vigilant and discuss stranger danger etc.,

Am I glad I made the move - yes I am.

Hi ali,

you don't say anything about the sharks and crocs killing kids in the swimming pools, or the gangs of kangaroos going round robbing old ladies and not to mention all the deaths from spider and snake attacks, tell it how it really is, or we will all want to emigrate.lol.

jim.:arghh::biggrin:

Clarkson is not that bad, i guess its what you make of it.

I lived there for around 6 months. Only had the police at the door about 3 times. Rebuilt the fence 3-4 times, got a glass bottle thrown from 30yds at me but it hit my car. A few glass bottles thrown at the house when we were at work. Weed killer put all over plants and rubbish bags emptied in my garden daily for a good run of days. This was from a ferrel family who lived down the road. Once they moved on, everything was fine. As always, cowardly acts.

You can have 20 nice neat houses in a street. In Clarkson it seems there is always that 1 bad house that brings the whole street down. Of course i can't speak for all streets there.

In general it has all amenities, large shopping centre and possibly the best sports centre north of the river.

In my case its faaaar safer than where im from. Middle of Scotland with estates like Whitfield and Douglas. Clarkson is actually very up market in comparison. I have many friends who live there, and love it.

Hi everyone,

Are you for real? Last week you said it was Secret Harbour that was the sinkhole - make your mind up.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Are you for real? Last week you said it was Secret Harbour that was the sinkhole - make your mind up.

hI Erminetrood,

it was me who pulversed some numptys negative comments about Secret Harbour, which is a fantastic place to live and others on here say that Clarkson is great also, but one other numpty said it was a terrible place to live, which is giving people the wrong negative idea about Perth which i won't allow to happen, we want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth- which my favourite judge use to say when i manned his court in Leeds- the great James Pickles- Yorkshire Ledgend.

jim :biggrin:

Guest mackemsok
Hi everyone,

As my caption states PERTH IS PERFECT!!!!

I am not in a bubble and have faced some hard times here (financially and emotionally)- but all in all I moved from a 4 bed detached home in a nice part of Sunderland with a good lifestyle and good jobs to a fantastic suberb (Baldivis) a fabulous 4-5 bed ranch style home, great jobs for me, Hubby and oldest daughter fantastic school for youngest daughter. Our lives have improved massively and i thought we had a good life back in the UK. I have visited the Gold Coast, Adelaide and Sydney (with work) and for me, Perth is where I feel I am at home.

Crime does happen, but, for example it was reported on radio the other day that a youth had spat at a bus driver.....now ask yourself would that incident have been reproted on your radio - or is your news all about stabbings etc (just trying to give you an honest reponse).

Have I made the best decision of my life = 100% YES

Have I securred a better future for my daughters = 100% YEs

Do i miss home = NO

Do i miss my family and friend = YES

Do I enjoy this outdoors lifestyle = YES

Do I enjoy the hot weather = YES at weekends NO at work

Do I like the people = most of them

Do I feel safe = I do feel safer than back in the UK

Would I go back to the UK = I am afraid not

Fire any question to me and I will answer as honestly as I can

Sharon x

Hi tonyman,

you just don't sound convincing with your comments, surely theres hoodies everywhere and Perth is a hell hole, come on tell the truth you bludger, don't sit on the fence lol.

jim.:biglaugh:

:confused:what comments Jim?

Guest The Ropey HOFF
:confused:what comments Jim?

Hi tonyman,

the comments at the top of this page where you start to compare Perth to the UK and say that the UK is digging a hole for itself and that Perth is far better, which i agree with by the way, but give us details, we would be, wanna be Perth migrants can't get enough.

cheers jim:yes:

• 8 months later...
Hi everyone,

Perth is great ... good people ... some really lovely suburbs to live ... my son lived in Joondalup for 14 years ... I visited 7 times ... saw a lot of Perth and suburbs ... some arears are better than others ... I would recommend Joondalup ... good train and rail links , schools , Hospital , University , sports arena , cinema , Lakeside shopping mall , lots of good beaches within easy reach ... highly recommend Two Rocks , Perth zoo is good , Neil Hawkins park ... wild birds eat out of your hands , childrens play area , electric ( free ) b/b/q/`s and Joondalup lake , black swans , ducks and pelicans ... " Old Bailey pub ...

I have applied to emigrate to Perth ... a beautiful place to live ...

Crocs in your pool !!! I don`t think so ...

Guest peacock
do any of you guys still visit poms in perth? if not why ? has the site gone down hill or is it picking up again ...........

I heard that everyone got banned ! :biglaugh:

Archived