Help and advice with ens visa for electricians !!!!!

stewe12345

I have recently been offered a job for Electrician in Queensland on a three year contract to enable me to apply for a 121 ENS visa. I am currently waiting for my employer to recieve his approval for nomination before I lodge my 121 Visa.

I have already lodged a 175 visa back in May 09 and just recived my SS from Queensland but its still a long wait.

My agent has picked up a clause in the 121 Visa that I can only apply for this type of if I have a FULL ELECTRICAL LICENCE.

This is imposible because as from the start you can only have a restricted Licence!!!

So what is the point to the 121 Visa if this is the case????

I have completed the VETASSESS assement and it will only enable me to apply for a restricted Licence until I have completed the Gap training, which I have found I can complete in around 3 months. Then I can apply for a full Licence.

Has any other people had this problem or managed to get a ENS VISA?????

I have just emailed Qld licence department about the problem to see if they are able to help.

I dont want to apply for a temp visa but my agent has said we should just try to apply for the 121 visa as it will not cost me any thing.

Just as we think things are working out we get kicked back down again.

Im a bit lost now what to do. Does any one have any advice???

Here is the emails that was sent to my agent from DIAC -

Sent: Wed 02/12/2009 03:18

To: Visa Bureau

Subject: Re: Fee-free subclass 121 query [sEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Dear Leonie

Thank you for your e-mail. As per Reg 121.213, the applicant will need to

hold full registration in the occupation for which he is being nominated.

As per current policy directions, the applicant must hold a full licence or

registration OR provide a letter from the registration body that he is

eligible to be awarded with a registration. A full assessment of his

qualifications and experience must have been undertaken by the registering

body before issuing the eligibility letter.

Please note that provisional licensing will not be accepted for the

purposes of this regulation. Otherwise, in the situation you have described

below, the client may wish to consider applying for a 457 first, until a

time when he can obtain an unconditional registration as an Electrician.

Kind regards

Jasmine de Beer

PSE Communications Team

Parramatta Centre of Excellence

:arghh::arghh:

Guest wanderer

Hi stewe12345,

Re

]My agent has picked up a clause in the 121 Visa that I can only apply for this type of if I have a FULL ELECTRICAL LICENCE.

Agent Leonie ought to be scheduled for a demotion on a few accounts, not to mention a good kicking! for that is spelled out very clearly on the DIAC site - Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

meet any mandatory licensing, registration or professional membership requirements that allow you to work unsupervised and without further training
This is imposible because as from the start you can only have a restricted Licence!!!

So what is the point to the 121 Visa if this is the case????

The 121/856 Visas are applicable to all occupations where eligibility criteria can be met and it is the ones like electricians where further training is necessary that the eligibility criteria cannot be met, but still many where they can be met.

I dont want to apply for a temp visa but my agent has said we should just try to apply for the 121 visa as it will not cost me any thing.

Is that what she really says !!!!

Im a bit lost now what to do. Does any one have any advice???

Well, after the letter Leonie got from Jasmine I'd be asking her if she recommends you apply for a 121 will she put up the application fee?

And then if she answers Oh don't worry we'll have the 175 fee applied to the 121 which can occur, the next question could be - " what would you think will happen re the fees for the 175 if the application goes down? ".

Edit: OK, it seems the 121 is fee free if a 175 application has been made [that's what the regs say] but still begs the question re generosity of DIAC for a double dip approach.

I actually might be thinking of a new agent too!

You could look at a 457 temporary visa whilst your 175 remains to be processed but your employer needs to accept whatever restriction you'll be under.

When the 175 comes up for granting, you need to take a trip abroad for it to be granted.

You also have the situation of if you lose your job you have to find another eligible employer to sponsor you or go on to another visa, 28 days being the nominal period to do that within.

Hi Stew,

Basically the agent is right that you have nothing to lose now as due to the existing application for general skilled migration your ENS application would be fee free. Can't comment on the other issues specifically but agent may need to be rather fast on her feet to give the ENS nomination some practical application now.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thank you both for your advice. I think you may be right wanderer that 457 temporary visa would be the best option as the ENS could be wasting alot of time.

My employer is very keen to get me there ASAP as he is very busy at the moment.

Now I have my state sponsorship and things are starting to move with the CAT 5 priorty. The 176 visa shouldnt be far behind. Just more cost getting the 475 but its a small price to pay to get there.

Its just done my head in you pay all this money for an agent and they nt got a clue......

Guest wanderer

stewe,

Its just done my head in you pay all this money for an agent and they nt got a clue......

I've been too harsh on Leonie Stewe for if you got the employment offer and then mentioned it to her and she has said there's the issue and has attempted some exploration with DIAC, her action is fair enough in that context.

And as George has pointed out, the way the regs read is that the 121 is a fee free application for you and if there's no hidden agenda of eroding your 175/176 fee there is nothing to be lost.

I'd not like your chances however of getting the restriction lifted by electrical licensing authorities for it's all about being 100% on Australian Wiring Regs.

In other states it can be a two week course followed by 12 months under supervision and so having just 3 months is something of a bonus.

Guest amandamcg

Hi Stewe,

My husband is also a electrician and has done his vetasses,we are applying for a 175 visa this week,we have looked into getting sponsored to get us out there quicker and just wondering how you went about getting sponsored.Thanks

Guest wanderer

amandamcg and stewe,

WoodyXRomford should be out doing the electrician work opportunity search about now, heading to Oz. end of November.

A bit of info re various aspects @ http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/72139-176-noncsl-fed-up-waiting-so-off-see-what-we-can-do-within.html

There's a link on that thread of another I started re searching for sponsors

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/72013-finding-ens-rsms-employer-sponsors.html

The idea being if people post their experiences there, it'll become something of a guide to new searchers.

From my observations of other threads, quite a few people will either be making a recce, perhaps pick up a 457 visa and use that to go on to ENS/RSMS or be here already on a 457 visa.

We'll have to see if we can get an update from Woody and meanwhile best of british to ye all.

• 3 months later...

hi! it will in ur interest imo to come here n then lodge an onshore visa if you do not qualify for offshore as with the fee free visa has some complication ,they require higher qualification if its fee free!!

happened to me

That's right, a minimum Diploma Qualification is required to have any chance of success with a fee-free 121 application. So the 121 option may be a dead-end even without the license problem. I think 457 is the way to go and, after full license is ibtained, yo ucan look aat waiting for 176 or apply and pay for on-shore ENS 856.

Regards

Tony

I applied for a 457 end of Dec but still waiting for it to be processed. The only problem at the moment is due to having a drink drivng offence 9 years ago, I had to have a police check done which has delayed things.

Due to a police cetificate being involed my case worker has handed it to a more senior case worker to deal with as she can not deal with it. It has now been almost 4 weeks since I have handed in my police certificate and really can not understand why they are taking so long as some people are getting there visa granted in around 2 weeks.

I am now worried because my employer has been waiting for me for 6 months and is very anxious for me to start.

Does any one know if it is possible to fly out on a holiday visa until our visa is granted. At least that way I would be able to start work shortly after the 457 visa is granted.

Thanks

Stewart

Archived