10yr olds Birthday in Perth

Guest milliemoo

Guest milliemoo

All being well we will be on our way on 1st Feb 2010 :jiggy:

Our daughter turns 10 at the beginning of March, so seeing as we will not know many

people by that stage, has anyone got any good suggestions for a good day out for her

birthday?

Don't want her to be feeling homesick on her birthday and be missing all her UK friends.

We are heading SOR, initially Secret Harbour and then Baldivis hopefully.

All suggestions greatly received.

Guest milliemoo

Ooh Hi Snowyowl

We are hoping that our 10yr old will go to Tranby College, it all depends on

what salary my OH will be getting. It looks a lovely school doesn't it? Have you been to visit or have you corresponded with Tranby via email?

Have you got jobs?

Sorry for all questions, its just nice to "meet" someone who is going to same area as us around the same time. :biggrin:

Guest milliemoo

Hi Liz

My husband hasn't anything concrete lined up workwise :arghh: although he has phoned

a number of potential employers who have said for him to go and see them once we

arrive. He has been regular contact with one potential employer who has also given us a lot of advice on areas to live etc. and it seems he may well have work for him should he wish.

As far as schools are concerned I did email Baldivis primary (couldn't find a website for Settlers Hills) who again said to call in once we arrive. I didn't contact Tranby after that as from what I have read on here the schools don't seem to entertain you until you are actually living the area. So it seems from what you have said Tranby are different to most?

Are you looking forward to the BIG move? You are particularly brave seeing as your husband will be a way alot, but presumably it is something you are used to. I keep going from a bit excited (won't let myself get really excited as we haven't signed contracts for the house sale yet) to panic mode! It feels really weird knowing this is going to be our last Christmas in the UK.

Anyway we still haven't had any answers to my original question have we?! Hopefully bumping this up some kind person will see it and give us some ideas.

Keep in touch Liz.

there are also lots of indoor stuff too, like wacky warehouse stuff, aqwa ia a great day out as well , so is caversham wildlife park, and also the maize ( all in the swan valley area..) so fun doing the koalas and other stuff .. all the best for the move!

The maze is at Bullsbrook innit , bit oop north for swan valley lol

• 1 month later...
Guest lisaandnigel

hi we went to cohuna koala park on my sons 10 th birthday , we had only been here for about 4 weeks when he turned 10 so didnt know anyone, it was a lovely day where they can hold the koalas and feed the kangaroos. but also agree hilarys is great too.

lisa

Archived