FOR THOSE IN OZ....what would you want 4 xmas??

shaza

Friends of ours & their children (16 & 7yrs) moved to Oz last August & I wanted to send a present to the children for christmas, something they may be missing from here (ie sweets, chocolate etc). But Im not sure what to get as I dont know what is available to buy there.

I thought maybe some Cadburys chocolate & some sweets they used to have here but cant get in Oz.

Can anyone give me some ideas of what their children miss from England???:wub:

Guest wanderer

Shaza,

FOR THOSE IN OZ....what would you want 4 xmas??

Friends of ours & their children (16 & 7yrs) moved to Oz last August & I wanted to send a present to the children for christmas, something they may be missing from here (ie sweets, chocolate etc). But Im not sure what to get as I dont know what is available to buy there.

I thought maybe some Cadburys chocolate & some sweets they used to have here but cant get in Oz.

Can anyone give me some ideas of what their children miss from England???

I grew up thinking Cadburys was an Aussie Co., but not so I now learn, though a big presence here - Cadbury Australia and no shortage of it.

It might go all melted a bit too being in the mailing system when a bit warm here.

Someone asked the other day re gift certificates that you get for our major store chains - David Jones, Myers or Woolworths - you can order them online and they'll be delivered to the friends address here and not all that much you can get in UK that you couldn't get here I'd think and then there's always the postage you add on too.

There you go: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/72747-sending-gift-vouchers-oz.html Link to gift vouchers thread

Guest Glasfor

I would love monster munch is the only thing I really miss, don't get pickled onion crisps over here :cry:

Guest sh7t man no way

a good idea is to get a photo album,and put pictures of you,and some memorys of when they were with you--- with each picture put down the memory in words--- that way they will treasure it for all time.

My children miss Monster Munch and Quavers (won't spend their money in a british lolly shop), Yorkie and Revels. They've asked their grandparents who are coming out next week to bring them a selection box of english chocolate. If you're sending food items, do write it on the customs declaration form.

Books are expensive, use the book depository on line, they don't charge postage to Aus.

Guest proud2beaussie

A VERY large tin of Quality Street-very expensive here,I always stock up at the duty free shop when I pass through Heathrow.

Books as suggested before, they are expensive here. Mine miss Quavers, Hula Hoops, Hobnobs. A box of Roses at xmas wouldn't last long in our house. Some fake snow !! Crackers with a decent gift inside ! How about a recording of their favourite TV xmas specials ? Would mean it was a belated gift but worth it to watch some great TV.

My children miss Monster Munch and Quavers (won't spend their money in a british lolly shop), Yorkie and Revels. They've asked their grandparents who are coming out next week to bring them a selection box of english chocolate. If you're sending food items, do write it on the customs declaration form.

Books are expensive, use the book depository on line, they don't charge postage to Aus.

Hi,

Could you explain what the book depository on line is please. I always spend a fortune on postage from Amazon for books etc.

Many thanks

Blondie

How about a recording of their favourite TV xmas specials ? Would mean it was a belated gift but worth it to watch some great TV.

I would say that this is great idea - but unless they brought a UK dvd player (or playstation) the format will need to be changed so that an Oz one can read it...

Cx

I would say that this is great idea - but unless they brought a UK dvd player (or playstation) the format will need to be changed so that an Oz one can read it...

Cx

Yeah, good point, we brought over our DVD player which is multi region so there's no probs with DVD's from the UK.

Archived