Advice needed prior to completing 457 application

Nats

Hiya,

I havent completed my online application yet as I am still awaiting registration/pin details from NMBWA before sponsor can provide me with nomination approval number.

As im hoping to be in Perth in time to start my job on 1st Feb 2010, any forewarning or advice prior to completing online application would be greatly appreciated.

I have been on the Dept of immigraton & citizenship website many times and each time I keep finding new information to contradict the information I had picked up on previously. Sooo confusing!! Today, I decided to download the paper copy of the applicaton - so that I can handwrite it in advance and if theres any unexpected information I need to provide then I'll be more prepared when processing the actual online application.

Is the information required for paper copy exactly the same as the online application?? If so the application should be quite straightforward. Or, is there additional forms I have to complete?? I tapped into some of the hyperlinks online and more detailed information was required ie. exaustive lists to include addresses in last 10 years, every job since leaving school etc etc ... does this form part of the application??

Any advice on offer would be greatly appreciated, if my agent had been more helpful in past months I would likely have my registration now & visa already processed, time is running out now & I need the visa process to be seamless!!

Thanks

Nats

Guest wanderer

Hi Nats,

Is the information required for paper copy exactly the same as the online application?? If so the application should be quite straightforward. Or, is there additional forms I have to complete?? I tapped into some of the hyperlinks online and more detailed information was required ie. exaustive lists to include addresses in last 10 years, every job since leaving school etc etc ... does this form part of the application??

Any advice on offer would be greatly appreciated, if my agent had been more helpful in past months I would likely have my registration now & visa already processed, time is running out now & I need the visa process to be seamless!!

Thanks

Nats

I haven't compared an online 457 application to the paper application form and whilst I would not be surprised that there could be some minor differences in presentation of information because of online formatting, I'd also expect that you'd need to be supplying the same information more or less either way you do it.

There have been some changes to 457 visa conditions that could account for you seeing new information and yes, all visa information on the DIAC web site involves heaps of links, some of them relevant and others not so much and sometimes with just general info.

I'd suggest you stick with the Visa Application Info - Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457) and following the links on Preparing the Application you'll find a Checklist

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/_pdf/457-application-checklist.pdf

That being one of the more useful guiding links.

Print that off to use that in conhjunction with the application list you've downloaded and going through question by question, you can put in your answers with any support documents in a folder in order and make yourself a to do list re obtaining what you do not already have.

With the checklist fully ticked off, you ought to be ready to submit.

But you mention an agent! and so have you given the A the flick?

Hope above helps.

Thanks wanderer,

I've spent all morning trawling the website for information, I reckon it should be pretty straightforward ... worrying myself over nothing. When I say agent ... I really just meant my sponsors, they're not as clued up on the whole thing as I'd hoped. But I appear to be getting somewhere now, or at least I hope so.

I have that list you sent a link for, its been very useful and I've already scanned all documents and placed them in a folder so that I can simply upload them when the time comes.

Thanks

Nats

Archived