*Newsflash* States meeting with DIAC tomorrow (Tuesday) on GSM priorities

Guest Mach

Guest wanderer

Dont No, so i sent them my home address i think thats what she ment [hope so] will post if anything happens but like i said this is only one of the E-Mails that i have had back from WA the others say thank you for your E-Mial we will do our best to help so you never no things might start to move but i wont hold my breath

Regards

pom64

Most politicians in Australia are quite reasonable in replying and will be prepared to send a longer letter out to a residential address.

It'll also give them some ammunition re verifying approaches from overseas and allow collation of data that may even allow them to justify their next overseas trip.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jains005

I got a newsflash from DIAC today "The case officer previously assigned to your application will no longer be able to assist with enquiries about your application." :)

jains

Guest floater

I've had that one too jains. I guess we don't have case officers any more.

On a more possitive note It's great to see everyone in this position makining a bloody nuisance of themselves by writing to everyone that can. It shows a level of solidarity that we can all take heart from. I take comfort in the fact that I am not alone, and the louder the voice is, I hope that at some point we will be heard.

Richie

Guest Rhubarb

Hi guys

I've been following this for a while now and yesterday decided to contact the DIAC to see if they would confirm the meeting with the state governments and/or address any of the issues raised by yourselves and existing applicants everywhere. I put a couple of questions to them and they sent me a statement this morning.

Trouble is I'm including it as an article on our site and I don't know if I'm allowed to give a link here so you can read it, or if that would be construed as advertising.

I'll ask, otherwise if I can't provide a link I'll try and cut and paste the article once it's up.

Guest rachbarlow

Just a thought......................

I was going to e-mail, but the problem is I don't want to take these people away from doing what they should be doing.........processing SS and visas. If thousands of people are e-mailing, I don't feel that will not help the situation at all. I know that we all want to know what is going on but I cannot help feeling that an extra strain is being added. I think the DIAC are now becoming fully aware of the problems that they have caused for us all and the states. In turn the petition is a fab idea, along with the meeting at Australia house, hopefully action like this will get the message across even more. I have therefore resisted e-mailing anyone, and have scanned PIO for ANY info from those who have, and the agents who are regulars and here who I am sure would be first with some info.

P.S. This is NOT a critisism against ANYONE who has e-mailed, just me thinking out load and sharing why I haven't.

Guest Rhubarb

Actually, upon further checking the statement they've provided us with is the same statement they've been shooting off to various media sites whenever an enquiry comes their way. It says nothing new and doesn't answer the questions we put to them.

I'll still provide a link however as some of you may not have seen the statement they've made, which I think is the only response we're going to get out of them.

Guest wanderer

rachbarlow,

Just a thought......................

I was going to e-mail, but the problem is I don't want to take these people away from doing what they should be doing.........processing SS and visas. If thousands of people are e-mailing, I don't feel that will not help the situation at all. I know that we all want to know what is going on but I cannot help feeling that an extra strain is being added. I think the DIAC are now becoming fully aware of the problems that they have caused for us all and the states.

Your concern has merit rach but I'd not be too concrned re taking people away from what they're doing.

It'll not be COs taken off cases processing that are answering emails but the higher level management people and they'll be using a DIAC proforma and doing a little fiddling to suit.

Emails to Senators will not affect SSs or state nomination processing either for that'll be getting done by people not asigned to answering emails to senators or state politicians either.

Guest rachbarlow

Thanks for that wanderer............... you know how it is I suppose we are just all megga p***ed off at the moment, as well as worried to what all this means, I guess you are right. Heh.... on a bright note at least all these e-mails are creating more jobs for the ozzies!!!

Could I apply as a person who will answer e-mails for the DIAC or a job with those dealing with SS!!??!!:laugh: (Visa processor 9990-99)

Guest wanderer

rb,

Could I apply as a person who will answer e-mails for the DIAC or a job with those dealing with SS!!??!!

Be a bit too boring like the bureaucrats doing it now I'd reckon, and not too many laughs.

But if you play dress -up pet days and have Senator Evans the one resting, that'd be good for a laugh

Draculadog.jpg?t=1257943722

Is Employer Sponsored an option you can look at

Guest rachbarlow

Humm love the pic..... but can't imagine that office being a laugh as you say!!

No we have looked at that option and it is not financially viable. We have 2 children as well so school fees etc...... would soon rack up. OH wages would be much lower as well. As was have paid out £6200 to date to bet my OH's visa, starting again with me would be more $$$$. However, I would consider a RSMS 119 for myself if we get to a dead end with the 175/176, wages for me would not be that different either.

Guest wanderer

rachb,

No we have looked at that option and it is not financially viable. We have 2 children as well so school fees etc...... would soon rack up. OH wages would be much lower as well. As was have paid out £6200 to date to bet my OH's visa, starting again with me would be more $$$$. However, I would consider a RSMS 119 for myself if we get to a dead end with the 175/176, wages for me would not be that different either.

It need not be quite as bad as what you may think it would be and it'll obviously depend on the skills of your hub and availability of sponsors.

With a temporary 457 visa you'd be up for school fees and there's always the uncertainty of a temporary visa.

But I was thinking of the permanent residency sponsored visas, the ENS/RSMS if your hub is eligible - Skilled Workers Permanent Visa Options- Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration and the 175 visa application fees can be applied to the ENS/RSMS.

It is certainly where the government has focused on for now and sure finding the job/sponsor is not a piece of cake but when the 175 eventually gets processed you'll have the situation of moving and having to look for a job, whereas I'd reckon it'd be far better to have a job to move to.

The latest changes to Employer Sponsored Visas make uit that even for a 457, employers have to pay market rates and the level of remuneration needs to be stated in employer/position nomination approval.

Dear Daniel

Thank you for your email.

The Government of Western Australia will participate in a meeting in November with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to put a position forward that making State and Territory sponsored skilled applicants with occupations although not critical but still in demand wait until 2011 or 2012 to have their visa finalised is basically making the State sponsored program irrelevant and having very little influence in attracting skilled migrants.

The State will reiterate that sponsored applicants not on the CSL must be given a degree of priority and have their visa finalised within 12 months cutting the time lag so that they can arrive sooner and fill the occupations in demand, at the time they are in demand.

I empathise with you. We have received many e-mails with the common theme of disappointment and bewilderment to the changes introduced by DIAC.

Regards

State Migration Centre

Government of Western Australia

OK,SO THERE WAS A MEETING,I THINK IT WOULD ONLY BE FAIR THAT THE STATES LET US KNOW THE OUTCOME,SINCE WE HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING SOLID YET ,SHOULD WE START E-MAILING AGAIN?:mad:

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi guys,

Spoke to my agent today and they said they are waiting for news of how the meeting went. They told me that WA state were not at all happy with the recent changes and that their voice would be heard. Fingers crossed folks.

JOHN

Hi John

The Minister for Immi is one of the Senators for West Australia. His constituency office is in Perth.

I'll bet that WA are not happy and I think they will make themselves heard - loudly and clearly. Several massive resources and construction projects are planned for WA from about now onwards. The WA projects alone are likely to need upwards of 10,000 workers in total. It is very easy for the Minister to trlll that the workers can be attracted from within Oz. WA will be competing for workers with other projects in other States.

Colin Barnett, the Premier of WA, has been saying for several months that WA will need skilled foreign migrants for the various WA projects and that the time to start selecting them and getting them out to WA is now because people take longer to make the permanent move to Oz than Canberra seem to imagine

Cheers

Gill

I empathise with you. We have received many e-mails with the common theme of disappointment and bewilderment to the changes introduced by DIAC.

OK,SO THERE WAS A MEETING,I THINK IT WOULD ONLY BE FAIR THAT THE STATES LET US KNOW THE OUTCOME,SINCE WE HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING SOLID YET ,SHOULD WE START E-MAILING AGAIN?:mad:

Hi!

Of course it's up to everyone to make their own choice on this matter, but I'm going to let the dust settle a bit before pressuring them. We were quite vocal directly before the meeting and I don't want to become "that whinging pom who e-mails us all the time".

For me, the last few lines of their mail make it pretty clear they know the score and are prepared to do all they can to sort the situation out.

I think the discussions in Hobart went well and that the states got their message across crystal clear. However, the Government has painted itself into a corner and it would be politically naive for them to do a U-turn on the issue this close to the original decision. This is epecially the case as they have already got a bit of a shoeing for chopping and changing three times already in 2009.

I see them changing the priorities to re-admit non-CSL state sponsorship applicants within a much more humane timeframe than DIAC has quoted. But as long as the refugee issue = immigration in the eyes of the media and the general population, I can't see them doing it leading up to the polls. It is simply too hot a political potato for Rudd to be caught holding when Australia votes.

So two steps forward, one step back in other words. But hey, I'll take that given the way things have been going lately!

Hi PIO,

Our agent rang today to tell us that 176 applicants will have there visa finalised by the end of 2011 and 175 will be 2012, don't know if this is in response to the meeting but that is the time line they have at the moment.

I hope we all get some good news - there are l ots of genuine people out there like us that would jump at the chance to get in there and start a new life.

If we all stick together and keep making noises then at least the Govt will realise how important this is to us and that we are SERIOUS.

Good luck everyone.

Guest rachbarlow

Colin Barnett, the Premier of WA, has been saying for several months that WA will need skilled foreign migrants for the various WA projects and that the time to start selecting them and getting them out to WA is now because people take longer to make the permanent move to Oz than Canberra seem to imagine

This is great ...... and true............however madness that the DIAC are NOT letting us in. We are genuine people with skills, money to take to the country who want to work and pay our way in society, and have children who with have the same work ethics, unlike the free for all system here!! Why oh why have the DIAC changed this when everything was swimming along nicely??:arghh:

I am glad WA are making a huge noise, and hopefully with people also adding to that they will soon see sense!:daydreaming:

Guest Jamie Smith

Good news would indeed be welcome.

But just to put a damper on things, sorry, :wubclub: DIAC treat the State Govs as a leaky sieve when it comes to announcing their plans. It's easy for one state or another to undermine the cohesion DIAC think they have.

The changes that made all the bother for everyone were communicated at high level to State representatives and that information did NOT filter down to those State sponsorship managers actually handling the cases (who might be attending this meeting).

The big wigs kept their workers in the dark. For all we know the wigs already know what will be going on at DIAC and when, and this meeting is just a steam vent for eveyone else to blow some pressure off.

What I'm saying is, try not to recreate your own rollercoasters. It's easy for me to say I know, but while we hope for the change we can't plan for one happeneing just yet.

Guest proud2beaussie
Why oh why have the DIAC changed this when everything was swimming along nicely??

Remember that it was a decision of the minister who would have been advised by his permanent head of department,Andrew Metcalfe,DIAC can only do what they are told to by the government so it's not something that individual case officers can do anything about.

Guest rachbarlow
Remember that it was a decision of the minister who would have been advised by his permanent head of department,Andrew Metcalfe,DIAC can only do what they are told to by the government so it's not something that individual case officers can do anything about.

I appreciate that..... I am talking in general terms!

Ok..... Andrew Metcalfe I hate you right now!!!:realmad:

Guest Justin JIANG

Dear All,

Does anyone have some inside stories out of the meeting? Personally thinking that states were p-i-s-s-e-d by DIAC again. Sorry to say that, but just because i lose hopes!

Archived