50-60k without mortgage

legoman

Hi i know sometimes seems silly questions but if no mortgage would 50-60k a year be enough to live on, looking at a lot of jobs most pay is around 25ph mark. 50-60 at todays rate is around equivilent to £30k. thats for living in perth.

does seem concerning all the posts re cost of living.

would intend to rent for while anyway til settled and keep around $350k in bank. ( higher interest?.

thanx, would prob look to build or just have a small mortgage. seems to be a lot of people not happy with their lot in aus??. maybe those that are dont come on forums and just get on. all part of the thinking process andaccepting the cons with the good i suppose. wont stop us going for sure :cool:

Guest siamsusie
YOUNGUNS RIGHT look at bout 4= 450 upwrds where you want to wear your hat

incomprehensible Mally

luv it ( o bugger

:laugh:...........:hug: ss xx

We are mortgage free retirees on a bit more than that and it is quite do-able but it helps to have some in the bank as well for holidays and the unexpected expenses. If you are renting on $50 - $60k then you are going to struggle. You wont be getting too much of a home for $350k these days - well, probably not in a place you want to live in anyway.

thanks for the replies, definately gives some food for thought, seems the cost of living has advanced since i was there last 4yrs ago. will keep on thinking, nothing wrong with uk quite comfortable lifestyle just something missing and son in perth. not looking to struggle just to make ends meet at 50yrs old.

360k is a conservative guess at what i could bring, would rent and keep money banked, seems tradies are not on much more than 50-60k. I suppose i could look at buying a business maybe. other son is 12, OH would deffo have to find work too by looks of things.

keep advice coming good and bad it is really helpful. our PR visas expire 2012

:cool:

thanks for the replies, definately gives some food for thought, seems the cost of living has advanced since i was there last 4yrs ago. will keep on thinking, nothing wrong with uk quite comfortable lifestyle just something missing and son in perth. not looking to struggle just to make ends meet at 50yrs old.

360k is a conservative guess at what i could bring, would rent and keep money banked, seems tradies are not on much more than 50-60k. I suppose i could look at buying a business maybe. other son is 12, OH would deffo have to find work too by looks of things.

keep advice coming good and bad it is really helpful. our PR visas expire 2012

:cool:

We've been here almots 3 years, and in the 18 months we were waiting to come over, we saw house prices increase and we found that instead of being mortgage free as we'd planned we have a mortgage. Yorkshirepom is building at the moment so knows the ins and outs of how that is, my friend recently built, there are a lot of hidden extras, house and land packages are usually for the basics, then you start adding on ... if you want better flooring etc.,

Friend of mine is a busdriver and his oh work in supermarket, they built and nice place in atwell sor, he like many other tradies i know in perth who gave up trade to do other work seem to be ok. always like to have the downside too tho as i can make allowances etc, easier to be told the downside of things so can deal with them. we lived perth near 2years before so know bout sun beach etc. oh brought up in perth in 70s may look at other staes too.

Archived