Underactive thyroid - Recommend doctor near Mornington?

ozzbound

I have been here for 5 weeks and need to sign up with a doctor. We are in Mt Eliza but will be moving to Mt Martha in March.

I have an underactive thyroid and am due a blood test. Can anyone recommend a doctor? I'm not too clued up on this bulk billing or medicare stuff yet but we have got our medicare card.

Thankyou:wubclub:

Guest Guest31881
I have been here for 5 weeks and need to sign up with a doctor. We are in Mt Eliza but will be moving to Mt Martha in March.

I have an underactive thyroid and am due a blood test. Can anyone recommend a doctor? I'm not too clued up on this bulk billing or medicare stuff yet but we have got our medicare card.

You will be able to go to any doctor in the area, Bulk billing is when the doctor does not bill you he bills straight to medicare, He will need to see your medicare card.

If they do not Bulk bill you are charged to visit him and then have to take bill to medicare to obtain refund (about 80% of total I think). So phone a couple and see who Bulk bills it could save you money. Most doctors will send you for a full range of blood tests if you have a pre existing condition so they know what is going on. You will probably have to pay for tests and claim back the cost from medicare (again about 80%). :notworthy:

Hi Ozzbound

I too have an underactive thyroid and just registered at the local doctor's surgery and made an appointment to see him when I ran out of thyroxine. No problems.

At the time, I had just had my thyroxine levels checked so the doctor also gave me a bag for my bloods to be checked by the pathology lab when the time comes to check my thyroxine levels again.

The only difference is they don't take your blood at the doctors surgery - I have to take the bag to the pathology lab with me for them to put the vial in to be sent off for checking, so I would make an appointment at the doctor's asap so they can do all this for you.

Sue x

Hi - My family and I use the village clinic in Mt Eliza (just up the road from iga) and have found it to be very good, always get an appointment same day etc. They dont bulk bill (except for children) - you pay about $58 and you can claim $33 and change back from the medicare office in frankston or mornington. There is a pathology place opposite for blood tests etc - we have never paid here so it must be bulk billed. If you want a bulk billing doctor there are a few clinics in frankston but to be honest you seem to get what you pay for. The bulk billing clinics can be a bit rough from what friends have said and you dont get an appointment - just turn up and take a number like at the deli!

Archived