no meds for 457???/

the hutchies

Hi

If i have been informed properly most people do not need meds but need xrays. as for the four weeks again i have heard of some people getting their visa in days. However this does depend very much on their occupation and if the employer has already been assessed. at the moment i am into the 2nd month of a 457 application and they are still assessing my employer.

Guest jsmithjsmith

It depends on what job you will be doing if you need med or not, most dont need medicals but if your working in hospitals/schools etc then you do need medicals.

As for the wait, well I have been waiting 5 weeks so far for mine :)

Guest guest17301

Hi Lisa, my 457 took 3 weeks to process. I needed meds as did the kids but my OH didn't. As far as I know you just need chest x rays unless you're going to be working in or attending a school or a hospital/healthcare facility.

Hi

If i have been informed properly most people do not need meds but need xrays. as for the four weeks again i have heard of some people getting their visa in days. However this does depend very much on their occupation and if the employer has already been assessed. at the moment i am into the 2nd month of a 457 application and they are still assessing my employer.

For a subclass 457, adult applicants are only required to do chest x rays to make sure that you are clear of tuberculosis. Medicals for adults are only required if you will be working in a school, hospital or medical facility.

Guest pauli77

Hi,

We have just had our 457 visa granted and it took less than a week. We did not require medicals either. Everything went very quickly and smoothly (touch wood!!)

Archived