Will Constant Follow Up Affect Visa Outcome?

imaxx

I'd like to get your input on this. I had been waiting for 22 months now to be exact for my 175 (CSL) visa application to be processed. My agent and I had a heart to heart talk and I poured out my frustration for her seemingly indifferent style of handling the application. Since the changes in the immigration process beginning 2009, she doesnt update me on the steps she takes. In fact, in Feb 09 she never mentioned about advising DIAC that my papers should be marked CSL (i am an accountant). I initiated the PLE using her email address. It was often like that and she would deny receiving replies to the PLE, except for about 2 times which she forwarded to me. There were times she would say she launched PLE but no reply and I doubt if it can really happen that PLE goes unanswered.

In our talk, she was saying that she doesnt want to make follow ups because it might affect the visa outcome. Is this really possible? I have read of situations when applications were overlooked and a follow up put them in the queue again. Agent said our contract says that her commitment is to get me a visa the most possible way available, and not the fastest way in a particular time table. I understand that the delays were due to recession and the changes in rules. What I am asking for her is to check the status at least for us to know if I am undergoing security checking (I am from HR country) that has been causing the dealy, so that I can peacefully wait.

Questions:

1. Will constant follow up affect negatively the visa outcome?

2. Being in CSL, how long should be the waiting period since I had been on queue since Dec. 07, before I should be alarmed that nothing is happening to my application?

3. Can visas be made to sit to 2 to say 5 years until the officer "feels" like acting on it, even if it is a priority class?

Forgive me for my questions, but I am really frustrated now and more frustrated with what my agent told me. She even told me to refrain from visiting forums because it does not help me in my waiting time.

Dropping her is out of the question because she also handles my NZ application.

Hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

:unsure:

Guest eurosyl

You know my view on your case so I will not comment further on that, but I hope others will.

I know of people that have lodged weekly PLE's and got their visa's in shorter time than you. Theoretically they can sit on a file as long as they want, with 'checks being in progress', but why would DIAC be as small thinking and having a personal grudge towards you? And how many PLEs are lodged over 22 months sofar? You strike me as someone that has been very patient.

I still think that you at least should have her confirm that a CO is assigned, and make her ask why not if it is not the case (as CSL applicants with younger application dates do have CO's).

Cheers,

Sylvia

I don't have any experience of the process to apply for the visa you are going for but fwiw I can tell you there is no way I would put up with that sort of service from someone who is supposed to be there to help. Your agent sounds obstructive and quite the time-waster from this end and seems to think she has you by the short and curlies. I'd write a strongly worded letter of complaint to anyone and everyone who can do something positive about it and ceremoniously dump that agent and get a real one as opposed to one in name only.

I think you deserve better.

hi syl. thank you for always giving me advices. indeed, i am known by my friends to have a great deal of patience in me and i guess it shows.

from Dec 07 - Jan 09, no PLEs were launched. it only started FEb 09 after the announcement of the CSL, and i do not do PLE weekly for that matter so it isnt much.

i have laid down the cards to her yesterday and told her that i do visit forums, i do PLEs on my own and i even called up DIAC the other week, because she doesnt give me updates and i dont want to be clueless as I see visas flying out of DIAC window for recently lodged applications. she even said this "As a matter of fact, for those clients have been patient and have not made such follow through like you, their visas were already granted. and you know why, all they did was just comply with me... because I did all the works which I think are "just" necessary, and not those which are not necessary. Your impatience will only lead you to further dismay, but the truth is all we can do in your case is to wait for the result of you visa application - if its denied or granted." :nah: "As you may have notice, you are directing your own methods and telling me what to do.This methodology of processing is not mine already, but is now yours. You take no belief on my advise to quit following up and insist on making frequent follow throughs - such activity which I personally do not suggest, because I believe may affect your application." (was that a threat? :confused:)

the sad fact is that she is not MARA, because she is offshore, therefore i cannot make a complain.

i told her to keep me updated and show me proofs of her communication with DIAC so that i can wait patiently.

thanks for hearing me out syl....

You know my view on your case so I will not comment further on that, but I hope others will.

I know of people that have lodged weekly PLE's and got their visa's in shorter time than you. Theoretically they can sit on a file as long as they want, with 'checks being in progress', but why would DIAC be as small thinking and having a personal grudge towards you? And how many PLEs are lodged over 22 months sofar? You strike me as someone that has been very patient.

I still think that you at least should have her confirm that a CO is assigned, and make her ask why not if it is not the case (as CSL applicants with younger application dates do have CO's).

Cheers,

Sylvia

hi happy lass. agent's service was not like this before. in fact, i was happy the way they were dealing with me and brought several clients through my referral. may be she got pissed off when i told her that i feel embarrased to those people i referred to her, as they are also complaining she had not been calling back or replying to their emails. it's too late to realize i got an inefficient one. :frown: i am still thinking what effect will it do to my NZ application if i dump her. surely, it has come to a point that she is as pissed off with me as I am. but i paid for her services so i expect her to deliver. thanks.

I don't have any experience of the process to apply for the visa you are going for but fwiw I can tell you there is no way I would put up with that sort of service from someone who is supposed to be there to help. Your agent sounds obstructive and quite the time-waster from this end and seems to think she has you by the short and curlies. I'd write a strongly worded letter of complaint to anyone and everyone who can do something positive about it and ceremoniously dump that agent and get a real one as opposed to one in name only.

I think you deserve better.

Guest eurosyl

I believe a proper English word in this case is "appalling". And that reply indeed sounds as a threat without actually giving information on actions taken by her to get your status confirmed. To me it looks like she is trying to get you off her back, whilst not persuing your case.

How easy would it be for her to give you the information you desire "I lodged an PLE to confirm your status on dd-mm-yyyy, and unfortunately you do not have a CO yet, see the attached reply" OR the opposite "I lodged a PLE on dd-mm-yyyy and there is a CO assigned since dd-mm-yyyy. Your application is now undergoing security checks and it is unknown how much time that will take. Please wait patiently. The reply to the PLE is attached". Or would that be classified as customer service?

I know what I would do, but as discussed before, that decision is yours and from your post it looks like you will sit it out.

I keep my fingers crossed and I hope you will have some news soon. Keep us updated.

Sylvia

hi syl. friday last week i launched a PLE. i will wait for a reply (unless my agent denies again that she received the reply) because i asked for the confirmation of the CO allocation, that my papers are marked CSL, and the receipt of the documents sent relative to the cessation of operation of my former employer. if i dont get any reply, then i will get in touch with DIAC again.

hoping for the best...i will keep you updated. thanks so much...

I believe a proper English word in this case is "appalling". And that reply indeed sounds as a threat without actually giving information on actions taken by her to get your status confirmed. To me it looks like she is trying to get you off her back, whilst not persuing your case.

How easy would it be for her to give you the information you desire "I lodged an PLE to confirm your status on dd-mm-yyyy, and unfortunately you do not have a CO yet, see the attached reply" OR the opposite "I lodged a PLE on dd-mm-yyyy and there is a CO assigned since dd-mm-yyyy. Your application is now undergoing security checks and it is unknown how much time that will take. Please wait patiently. The reply to the PLE is attached". Or would that be classified as customer service?

I know what I would do, but as discussed before, that decision is yours and from your post it looks like you will sit it out.

I keep my fingers crossed and I hope you will have some news soon. Keep us updated.

Sylvia

Archived