Tra assessment passed!

zoe1922

I had the fantastic news this week that I have passed my TRA skills assessment!

Just for a minute I would like to pause & congratulate myself as I had no help from any agents, passed on my first attempt & saved myself a fortune in the process.

As soon as I got the great news I looked at the visa applications online to discover that the 175 I was going to apply for will probably take over 2 years to get. This is not such good news as, the same as most of you I imagine, I want to go as soon as possible!

My occupation is not on the CSL list but is on the MODL. Am I right in thinking it is going to take forever to get a visa?

Does anyone know of another way to get a visa quicker? It seems mad to be able to apply for the skilled independent visa (which everyone wants) as my occupation is on the MODL list, and its going to take years to get!

:arghh:

Congratulations Hun!!!!, good to see someone managing to pass tra without an agent, im in process of getting my documents together for OH's TRA. He's a hairdresser/barber. Was wondering would you possibly give me a list of the documents you sent off to them? How much detail did you provide them? I am struggling getting the OH's college to send me anything detailing his course, do you think this necessary or would a statement from his employer detailing days/hours of college be satisfactory. Any advice would be soooooooo appreciated.

Im just hoping i can get it sorted before any more crazy changes, knowing my luck hairdressing will come off MODL soon, then we'll have to go back to square one!! It's already been removed from most SS lists aaarrrgghh!

Its all sent to test you though i suppose.

PM me if you would, Cheers Sarah.

Hi Sarah,

Sorry for the delay in replying. For the course that I passed all I did was print off from the internet all of the details regarding the course. It was very detailed though and explained each part of the course in depth including what I studied in each category. I had no idea if this would be sufficient for the tra but clearly it was!

I'm not sure if you would be able to find the details that you need on the internet for your OH's qualifications but its worth a try. Luckily I did find mine.

I sent off copies of my certificates, copies of the course details I mentioned earlier, copies of 1 years accounts from the nursery I run, copies of some staff appraisals from various years, a statement from my employer detailing my day to day role and the tools I use to perform my role.

I can't think of what else I sent off. I think thats pretty much it but I'll let you know if I remember any more.

Good luck with your assessment

Zoe

Archived