Missing things

tracy123

I know we all miss things but do we miss the taste, touch, feel or the memories associated to it?

My first time I seen this was my Dad went back to England for my grandmothers funeral he came back with this strange contraption to make ice cream sandwiches he even brought the wafers as well! The 1st night we all waited in anticipation for this ice cream sandwich, well my Dad said it must have been the Australian ice cream why it didn’t taste the same but thinking back on it he was trying to remember his youth. My Mum was the same the only thing she really missed was jelly babies (the big ones coated in powder) and my Mum was not into sweets but she always had found memories when she ate them.

I miss dim sims but thinking about it I miss the Thursday night as a kid eating chips and dimmies while watching the tv (something that never happened on a normal night as we always sat at the table). When we went back as a family the 1st thing I bought was some dim sims and to tell you the truth they tasted the same as they always did ordinary it was the memory more than the food itself that I missed.

So I guess what I’m trying to say is some of the things you maybe missing/craving might just be the memories and when you finally get to taste what you miss you might just be disappointed.

I believe that is true Geoffrey in many cases. I drove past my childhood house the other day and was surprised how it looked different to when I grew up in it. The garden looked smaller, but when I played in it as a child I thought it was so big with so many places to hide.

I know exactly what you mean Geoffrey - are Wagon Wheels really smaller these days or did they just seem bigger when we ourselves were smaller?

The only thing I miss is my family and friends, and I'll get my fix tomorrow when I get to cuddle my mum and dad for the first time in seven months when they step off that plane - can't wait :hug:

Sue x

Guest stockies
I've just ordered 12 jars of Heinz sandwich spread, so I hope you're wrong :wubclub::eek:

kev

You lucky lucky man, I only mentioned to a friend the other day how i love heinz sandwich spead, let me know where you got it from Kev...

Claire. XX

I know exactly what you mean Geoffrey - are Wagon Wheels really smaller these days or did they just seem bigger when we ourselves were smaller?

The only thing I miss is my family and friends, and I'll get my fix tomorrow when I get to cuddle my mum and dad for the first time in seven months when they step off that plane - can't wait :hug:

Sue x

Wagon Wheels in the Uk are definitely smaller than they were, but I found some today (well not exactly found, they were n the counter when I went to pay!) at a Caltex garage and they were ENORMOUS - just like they used to be.....

We bought Sandwich Spread at Sugar Fix in Warringah Mall. That definitely is a matter of memory playing tricks. I used to have it on my sandwiches for school every day, but yesterday was a sad day - it tasted like vinegar with lumps in it:cry:.

Enjoy that cuddle. Lucky thing.

Guest guest30038
You lucky lucky man, I only mentioned to a friend the other day how i love heinz sandwich spead, let me know where you got it from Kev...

Claire. XX

12 jars 58bucks but waiting to see what the postage is. Beware of cheaper prices..........the jars are often smaller.

HEINZ SANDWICH SPREAD 12X270G 46231 * - Sweetmeck Confectionery

kev

Archived