Left Yesterday

20yrspommie

Guest ElizaBee
Dark,wet,cold,busy,traffic .......iam institutionalised now !- why have you had enough after 9 years? - hope you dont mind me asking.....

ps After france, germany and japan last week .....they reckon the uk is starting to come out of the recession......sky news

ps if you need to know anything ,or if i can help just ask - Andy

Glad to hear that about the UK in possible recovery. Couldn't go on forever could it.

There have been job losses etc here, but think we have been spared the brunt of the recession so far although I have a couple of friends who have had real trouble finding work.

We have been here 12 years and are heading home asap. I would have returned 5 years ago, but life happened.

After recently sitting down and reassessing our situation, we all decided the UK was where we wanted to be.

This was one of the hardest decisions i've had to make. Harder than deciding to move here in the first place, which is crazy!

But we aren't letting fear of change rule our lives and we have had enough. Oz has been very good to us, we have been very fortunate, but we dont want to be here anymore.

I think our priorities have changed beyond recognition. We came for a big adventure and we have had that for sure.

Seeing the kids grow up without any extended family is so hard. It is so isolating, lonely and once you have done everything (twice and bought the t shirt!) it can get very boring.

There are a million other reasons that i wont bore you with, but everyone is different.

Its a massive move either way isn't it.

btw, i love the changing seasons, and have really missed the rain and green countryside. We've been in drought for 10 yrs here.

I'm not sure about uploading photos - I managed on my login thingy but that's all - I hope someone can help so I can see your photos.

Just a shame that there hasn't been much of a Summer in UK this year. Never mind, I've had my lifetime's share of sunshine over here - sometimes far too much - today is a nice Spring day - forecasted to be 27 degrees which is about the max before I feel uncomfortable. It's nice and fresh at the moment and the sunshine is fairly 'weak' (10am Sunday) if there is such a thing over here - but no rain forecast all next week - none last and none week before - think another El Nino has started - at least I had a reprieve of drought and managed to grow a lovely English Cottage garden at the front of my house this Winter - looks lovely and first time I've succeeded as my front garden is sloping and north/west facing so gets extremely hot and not much will grow.

I see you are from Solihull - I am originally from Redditch - remember taking my driving test in Solihull (and failing!) many years ago!!

That would be on the corner of stratford rd & union rd - its still there - about 1/2 mile from my house

I'm not sure about uploading photos - I managed on my login thingy but that's all - I hope someone can help so I can see your photos.

Just a shame that there hasn't been much of a Summer in UK this year. Never mind, I've had my lifetime's share of sunshine over here - sometimes far too much - today is a nice Spring day - forecasted to be 27 degrees which is about the max before I feel uncomfortable. It's nice and fresh at the moment and the sunshine is fairly 'weak' (10am Sunday) if there is such a thing over here - but no rain forecast all next week - none last and none week before - think another El Nino has started - at least I had a reprieve of drought and managed to grow a lovely English Cottage garden at the front of my house this Winter - looks lovely and first time I've succeeded as my front garden is sloping and north/west facing so gets extremely hot and not much will grow.

I see you are from Solihull - I am originally from Redditch - remember taking my driving test in Solihull (and failing!) many years ago!!

How long is it since you have been home? - have you visited Touchwood shopping centre in Solihull - and seen the changes ?

Ps next time iam in Webheath,winyates , Studley or walkwood , i will take a few pics

That would be great. I was back in UK last August but went to North Wales. Last time visited Redditch was around 4 years ago. Didn't go to Solihull. I used to live in Webheath - Shirehamptom Close - it was lovely - open views of fields with sheep, really quiet and walkable to mum and dads and aunts (mum and dad since split up hence move to North Wales as opposed to Redditch). Webheath or Studley would be my choices if I were to move back to Redditch. Look forward to phootos.

Have just returned from the UK after 3 week stay, thoroughly enjoyed it, but for the first time felt i didnt belong which was really odd, as i usually find it so hard to leave and resettle. I actually looked forward to comming back to OZ! Good luck with your move back and i hope you will be realy happy with family around you.

That would be great. I was back in UK last August but went to North Wales. Last time visited Redditch was around 4 years ago. Didn't go to Solihull. I used to live in Webheath - Shirehamptom Close - it was lovely - open views of fields with sheep, really quiet and walkable to mum and dads and aunts (mum and dad since split up hence move to North Wales as opposed to Redditch). Webheath or Studley would be my choices if I were to move back to Redditch. Look forward to phootos.

Go to google images and type in "solihull and touchwood solihull"

Archived