Ocean Grove, Nr Geelong

Elliott-Family

Its a pretty place and a lot of people retire to the area as its quieter than Geelong. I know there is a good chinese restaurant as my daughter is friends with the owner. We live on the other side of the bay but if I was to live that side it would appeal to me although I am older and my children are grown up.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
ocean grove is a lovely place, i live just down the coast in Torquay. You cant go wrong in this area :)

welshchick, drop me a line and say hi, ex newport lad and abercynon missus.

i work at Ford in G-town

Oh hello Velly :)

Nice to hear from some welsh people! What brings you & your lady over here then? How long are you here for??

Torquay is lovely! Nice place to live!!

i got the job at ford (tho it was at broadmedows) and we wanted a change so moved over (was on a 457 visa)

I ended up losing my job this time last year, but managed to get back into ford 7 weeks later and at the Geelong plant. (win, win!)

drop me a PM and we can chat some more:jimlad:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RonAndrews

We're moving to Ocean Grove on Thursday (19/1/11) after arriving on the 11th. Already have a place which we stayed at in October last year. It's perfect for the beach and also not too bad for school (Geelong College), and work (Melbourne)

Not one person we have told has a bad thing to say about it.

Roll on Thursday!!

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely little place, good beach, fairly quiet and very family friendly as far as I can tell (I have no kids tho). relatively quiet and the one down side is that it has no pub.. a dry town.. but there is one about 2 mins drive away in Barwon Heads.

Archived