Goodbye Australia!

Guest rosiejulia

Guest rosiejulia

The Journey has finally come to an end.....16mths in Sydney and like many others I could have quite easily ran back to blighty very early on because I have never `gelled` with Oz .....I have just never `got it`!

The challenge of staying the course has been huge and in every way imaginable we have been tested to the limits.

Thank goodness I discovered this forum, it`s been a life saver....suddenly I knew there were others who felt the same...PHEW!

There have been lots of `good times` but often (esp before PIO) these were overshadowed by that damn cloud of being trapped ....and so far away!

IMHO there are many people in OZ who are `stuck` due to cost of reversing and upheaval of reversing their decision.....I am so glad we have had the strength and courage to return to our homeland and embrace all that it is .Its not going to be easy returning and settling with the children whilst OH completes his contract.....but hey! I survived this end.

So all in all ....good and bad I am glad we saw the Journey through...(only returning earlier than OH as kids will start new school year sept) I do have some wonderful memories of OZ and I feel proud of ourselves that we have done something that many would find to huge to contemplate. I have grown so much as a person so much so that last week I hopped on the plane to Auckland and did the full on tourist thing for 4days ...ALONE! Wonderful experience! and interestingly I loved Newzealand!!!!!

I am so grateful to the people on PIO who post and really make a difference to how people feel.....(Quoll, your the best!!!!) especially those who have gone home and continue to give us their feedback.....It so helps!

Goodbye Australia....I am so glad I came and good luck to all those who are just embarking on their adventure.....our adventure has given us so much. x

Guest proud2beaussie

Good luck with your future,and congratulations on at least giving Australia a try,it's not for everyone but you gave it your best shot and should be proud of that.

Guest The Pom Queen

Have a safe journey home, you gave it a try and at least you will never be wondering what if?

I hope you all settle back in to your old routine easily.

Big hugs

Kate

I was going to say "sorry it didn't work out" ... but you're following your head and your heart ... so why should I be sorry ... instead i'll say congratulations on returning home and well done for having the courage to have a family adventure.

All the best

Ali x

I was going to say "sorry it didn't work out" ... but you're following your head and your heart ... so why should I be sorry ... instead i'll say congratulations on returning home and well done for having the courage to have a family adventure.

All the best

Ali x

Very philosophical... i like it.

Guest barab

Great post,

You have those memories for ever,no one can take that from you.

you've experienced the good and the bad in a really beautiful country.

Well done for having the courage to come back to the UK,it's not as easy as people think, but in my opinion your going to a much better place.

Good luck for what the future brings.

Regards

Barab.

Guest austibeach

A good honest post of how things have gone for you. Australia wasn't for you, but you had the courage to give it a go, to see if it could offer you something different. You made your decision to return based on how you felt about your life there, and you have had the decency to avoid spoiling other people's dreams by dredging through the negatives and rubbishing Australia.

I wish you and your family well on the next stage of your adventure, back in the U.K. where you will no doubt have a renewed enthusiasm for all it has to offer.

Eric.

Guest treesea

At least you tried it. It's good that you have followed your heart rather than focusing on the cost of it all. That's the thing with deciding whether to emigrate or not in the first place. I emigrated because my parents did, so it wasn't my decision. But having had the experience of living overseas has made me realise the things that I really like about living in the UK.

Archived