New to PIO, awaiting reply from 176 application

woodsy16

Hi all

I am new to PIO and as the title says we are awaiting the result of our application for 176 sponsorship. We were lucky enought to squeeze our application in before the 30th deadline and have been sent our email receipt and are now just awaiting the result. I now have a couple of questions that I hope people that have already been through this process can answer!

Firstly how do you find out if the visa has been granted, was it an email or just through the normal post? Also I dont know how other people get on but I find the DIAC website a little hard to navigate around and find the answers to my questions so have been interested to find out about validation etc from this forum, can anyone point me in the direction were they get this from or is it included with the visa grant?

Hopefully we wont have to wait too long for our reply and im sure I wont be a stranger to this forum in the meantime.

Thanks

Kate

Guest Samfire

Hi Kate! Welcome to PIO!!! It's very hard going through the visa process, especially if you haven't been in touch with others that are in the same boat as you, so you'll definitely find this forum a great source of information and a great support! When the visa is granted you will receive communication in the form of an email from your case officer (or from your agent - but I get the impression that you've not used an agent, so the email will go directly to you from the Case Officer). You can check your visa status online at any time at the following weblink

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

Validation information will be well detailed and documented in your visa grant email. Basically, you get 1 year to validate your visa from the date of your medical examinations or your police checks (whichever is dated first), so it's important to be aware of this. You can validate your visa via a holiday, or by moving over permanently. Others may have more information for you, and I'm sure there will be more posts here soon in response to your questions. Hope this helps.

Best of luck and let us know how your application goes!!

Archived