Guest pakistan

Hi all,

We applied for wife's visa on as detailed below via mail at AHC in islamabad.

Application date: 17/06/2014

Medical Requested : 23/06/2014 (yes we were surprised as well!!!)

CO Assigned: 23/06/2014

Question:

1- Why have we recieved the medical so early. Is this normal process. I thought medical was the last step.

2- Once the visa is accepted, how long does the embassy give to enter Australia. My wife is studying and would like to complete her education before moving.

Thank you.

Edited by mahmood

Hello guys,

i have applied for family sponsored visitor visa for my wife recently. They refused it on the grounds that as sponsor I am not eligible since it's not been 2 years as a PR. I am looking at applying for visitor visa. Any suggestions?

also, being refused for a visa, will it have any impact on visitor visa we will lodge or even 309/100 lodged in April this year?

any suggestions very much appreciated.

thank you.

Hello guys,

i have applied for family sponsored visitor visa for my wife recently. They refused it on the grounds that as sponsor I am not eligible since it's not been 2 years as a PR. I am looking at applying for visitor visa. Any suggestions?

also, being refused for a visa, will it have any impact on visitor visa we will lodge or even 309/100 lodged in April this year?

thank you.

hi PR ASPIRANT..

why have you not directly lodged a 309 visa instead of that visitor visa?

thank you.

hi PR ASPIRANT..

why have you not directly lodged a 309 visa instead of that visitor visa?

thank you.

Hi CPAivy,

I already applied for 309/100 3 months ago. We have our wedding anniversary in November, so applied for family sponsored visitor visa. But it's been rejected as I am not reasonably settled in Australia. In their terms sponsor has to be here as PR for 2 years to be able to sponsor someone.

Hi guys!

Any updates? Any one who recently corresponds with the AHC? What is the feedback? Haven't heard any thing for the last two months after submitting biometrics.

Called the AHC two days back and same old answer that if any thing additional needed , we will send you an email and the standard processing time is like 12 months and cant tell you when it will be sorted.

G'day Fellas, Hope everyone's having a great weekend.

I have a question if someone can guide me that'll be awesome. Thanks.

I have applied for my Wife's 309 Visa a month ago with all the documents (Incl. Medical, PCC etc etc). On Thursday she received a phone call from her CO from Islamabad. CO as usual cross-questioned her. Everything went good, CO asked for FORM 888 from my side which i submitted on Friday. Now, our immigration lawyer is saying that we should expect grant letter very very soon.

My question is whether this is right? I mean its only a month since we have applied for her Spouse visa and my lawyer is saying that we should get the answer in a week or two as they dont need more documents. Can some please shed some light on this matter please.

Regards,

Abel

1: AHC has made some changes in last few months, now they request for Medical Examination right after submitting your application. So for new applicants this is all normal.

2: Usually applicant will get Initial Entry Date based on PCC or Medical expiry date, whichever expires first. So roughly it is 6 months to 1 year.

Hope this helps.

Aussie Girl Bay

Question:

1- Why have we recieved the medical so early. Is this normal process. I thought medical was the last step.

2- Once the visa is accepted, how long does the embassy give to enter Australia. My wife is studying and would like to complete her education before moving.

Thank you.

Sorry to hear this but yeah as an Sponsor for Visitor Visa you have to meet 2 year 'Usual Resident' criteria.

Previous visa rejection won't effect your Partner Visa Application, however, visitor visa can be denied again as still you will be her main sponsor and you don't meet the usual resident criteria.

Aussie Girl Bay

Hello guys,

thank you.

It's clearly mentioned in Visitor Visa -Sponsor section:

Who Can Sponsor:

A sponsor must:

be an Australian citizen or permanent resident

be older than 18 years of age

have been settled in Australia for a reasonable period (usually more than two years).

Aussie Girl Bay

Hi CPAivy,

I already applied for 309/100 3 months ago. We have our wedding anniversary in November, so applied for family sponsored visitor visa. But it's been rejected as I am not reasonably settled in Australia. In their terms sponsor has to be here as PR for 2 years to be able to sponsor someone.

When did you apply? Usually CO only contact applicants when they want more docs/info, PCC, medical etc, they don't update applicants at all stages so I think you should sit back & relax. If they need any further docs for sure they will contact only you. If you are a Female Applicant then you should get your grant between 6-8 month, however, 12 months is the standard processing time.

Aussie Girl Bay

Hi guys!

Any updates? Any one who recently corresponds with the AHC? What is the feedback? Haven't heard any thing for the last two months after submitting biometrics.

Called the AHC two days back and same old answer that if any thing additional needed , we will send you an email and the standard processing time is like 12 months and cant tell you when it will be sorted.

Wish & hope this comes true:)

The standard processing time is 12 months for Partner Visa, however, female applicants do get their grants within 4-8 months time. If your file is Decision Ready as you 've already submitted all docs upfront then it should not take long but this definitely do not mean 15 days or 1 month, I mean there is a procedure which has to be followed in all cases. Mine was a Decision Ready file except Medical which was requested after 4 months, and after submission I got me grant in 20 days.

Good Luck!

Aussie Girl Bay

My question is whether this is right? I mean its only a month since we have applied for her Spouse visa and my lawyer is saying that we should get the answer in a week or two as they dont need more documents. Can some please shed some light on this matter please.

Regards,

Abel

When did you apply? Usually CO only contact applicants when they want more docs/info, PCC, medical etc, they don't update applicants at all stages so I think you should sit back & relax. If they need any further docs for sure they will contact only you. If you are a Female Applicant then you should get your grant between 6-8 month, however, 12 months is the standard processing time.

Aussie Girl Bay

Hi AGB,

Yeah we did apply on 2nd of Feb 2014 as female applicant. CO further requested for biometric finger prints on 20th May 2014 which was submitted the next day. Till than have not heard any thing nor have any interview calls (which depends on the CO to have or not). Medical & PCC was uploaded upfront and every month we still uploading the evidences in terms of Skype chats and gift envelopes etc. so that we shall cover ourselves (just to keep oneself content :) ). Yes, the best thing is to sit & relax which we are doing. Fingers crossed ..

Thanks.

Edited by jojy125

Great going, you are not far from your grant! good luck!

Aussie Girl Bay

Hi AGB,

Yeah we did apply on 2nd of Feb 2014 as female applicant. CO further requested for biometric finger prints on 20th May 2014 which was submitted the next day. Till than have not heard any thing nor have any interview calls (which depends on the CO to have or not). Medical & PCC was uploaded upfront and every month we still uploading the evidences in terms of Skype chats and gift envelopes etc. so that we shall cover ourselves (just to keep oneself content :) ). Yes, the best thing is to sit & relax which we are doing. Fingers crossed ..

Thanks.

Wish & hope this comes true:)

The standard processing time is 12 months for Partner Visa, however, female applicants do get their grants within 4-8 months time. If your file is Decision Ready as you 've already submitted all docs upfront then it should not take long but this definitely do not mean 15 days or 1 month, I mean there is a procedure which has to be followed in all cases. Mine was a Decision Ready file except Medical which was requested after 4 months, and after submission I got me grant in 20 days.

Good Luck!

Aussie Girl Bay

Thanks heaps Ma'am.

G'day AGB, I have a question to ask you if you can take sometime out and reply, that'll be awesome. Thanks.

As you are aware, the Embassy folks are back at work today and i sent them my 2 references ( form 888 ) on their last working day and hence they might not have seen back then but they have seen them today and called both of my references to cross-question. Is this normal ? (Of course we dont have anything to hide at all but just curious) We have got no remaining documents to send them. From your experience should we expect THAT news soon ? Thanks and kinds regards, Abel Hussain.

but they have seen them today and called both of my references to cross-question. Is this normal ? .

Seems that these embassy guys are acting efficient which is a good news indeed, but wait where are the grants... I havn't heard many grants in the last couple of months from Islamabad.

U seems quite near mate.. All the best.

Seems that these embassy guys are acting efficient which is a good news indeed, but wait where are the grants... I havn't heard many grants in the last couple of months from Islamabad.

U seems quite near mate.. All the best.

Thanks mate. All the best to u too on your endeavors mate.

Guys, hope everyone's hanging there just alright. Can someone please tell me how particular are case officers when they tell you that you will give you the grant in xyz time.

A friend of mine, who has applied for his wife's spouse visa before me was told on last Friday that she will be given Visa grant on Tuesday but nothing has been heard yet. He applied in early May. I would just like to know for him and for my own knowledge if they deliver what they promise or he will have to expect a long delay. Have a good weekend guys. Thanks, Abel.

Hi Abel

Sorry I only checked forum/post today so couldn't get back earlier.

Yeah it's perfectly fine to call & inquire about applicant/sponsor relationship that's why they ask for Form 888 :)

Well no one can tell you the exact time, you would be lucky to get the grant in few days but I guess this is just an Initial Assessment, once this is complete your case will be forwarded for Final Decision which may take time.

Good Luck!

Aussie Girl Bay

G'day AGB, I have a question to ask you if you can take sometime out and reply, that'll be awesome. Thanks.

As you are aware, the Embassy folks are back at work today and i sent them my 2 references ( form 888 ) on their last working day and hence they might not have seen back then but they have seen them today and called both of my references to cross-question. Is this normal ? (Of course we dont have anything to hide at all but just curious) We have got no remaining documents to send them. From your experience should we expect THAT news soon ? Thanks and kinds regards, Abel Hussain.

Hi Abel,

I think once the Initial Assessment is done and case goes to the Final Decision then CO can't tell you exactly how long it will take.I remember just one day before my grant I asked my CO few times about exact visa grant day but she refused to answer and kept saying 'it will take some time' and next day I got it :) so not sure how their system works.

Aussie Girl Bay

Guys, hope everyone's hanging there just alright. Can someone please tell me how particular are case officers when they tell you that you will give you the grant in xyz time.

A friend of mine, who has applied for his wife's spouse visa before me was told on last Friday that she will be given Visa grant on Tuesday but nothing has been heard yet. He applied in early May. I would just like to know for him and for my own knowledge if they deliver what they promise or he will have to expect a long delay. Have a good weekend guys. Thanks, Abel.