Guest pakistan

ya i knw tht you dont need cdr for spouse visa...and my CO dint asked for it...i just want my self to get registered with engineers australia coz i hav searched quiet jobs that demands Engineers Australia registered engineer..so im just looking for some one to guide me and help me in making my cdr..

I did follow the GSM route back in 2009. I had to complete the CDR process as it was a mandatory requirement for GSM visa. After I came here in Australia in July 2010 and started looking for jobs, surprisingly nobody did ask for an Engineers Australia Membership. I think it also depends which field you are in.

I am an Electrical Engineer with majors in electronics and communication. I had a few CISCO certification on top of 05 years experience in a Telco. Now I am working for a well reputed IT company. They never asked me for Engineers Australia membership. However I do think that it will help. As you have got the booklet already you can follow it. It is a matter of writing your qualities and meeting them what is required to be a Professional Engineer in Australia.

It will ask you to write three narratives (may be any troubleshooting activity, any study project or any on the job planning and execution of a project) about 1000 to 1500 words each. You can start with writing your final year engineering project and then in the summary (which will be there in the booklet) you should mention which professional quality is mentioned in which paragraph of your narratives. You can mention your certifications and anything of professional interest. You also need to include your CV. Make sure your CV tallies what you have written about yourself.

It is not a difficult thing to do but it definitely needs a bit of writeup though.

Regards,

newone

Yesterday, I received my passport with VISA Stamp on it. Entry date should not be after Nov, 2013....so plenty of time for me...

Interesting thing to note on the grant letter was that Visa Grant Date was just a day after my medical was done. So, it was fast. Thank You AHC for speedy processing... Five and a half months from start to end.... I am glad that I had a very smooth journey.

Thanks everyone on this forum. :notworthy:

I pray for early visa grants for all those who are in the waiting queue. Allah Hafiz

Congratulations :smile:...lucky u :tongue:

I did follow the GSM route back in 2009. I had to complete the CDR process as it was a mandatory requirement for GSM visa. After I came here in Australia in July 2010 and started looking for jobs, surprisingly nobody did ask for an Engineers Australia Membership. I think it also depends which field you are in.

I am an Electrical Engineer with majors in electronics and communication. I had a few CISCO certification on top of 05 years experience in a Telco. Now I am working for a well reputed IT company. They never asked me for Engineers Australia membership. However I do think that it will help. As you have got the booklet already you can follow it. It is a matter of writing your qualities and meeting them what is required to be a Professional Engineer in Australia.

It will ask you to write three narratives (may be any troubleshooting activity, any study project or any on the job planning and execution of a project) about 1000 to 1500 words each. You can start with writing your final year engineering project and then in the summary (which will be there in the booklet) you should mention which professional quality is mentioned in which paragraph of your narratives. You can mention your certifications and anything of professional interest. You also need to include your CV. Make sure your CV tallies what you have written about yourself.

It is not a difficult thing to do but it definitely needs a bit of writeup though.

Regards,

newone

I am a BioMedical Engineer with 2.5 years experience..yes I went through the booklet, it is helpful. I knw luck matters the most for a good job..Its interesting that nobody asked you for membership..I hope same goes for me :P..but in the end I think it will be helpful and of no harm to get registered :)..thanks alot for your suggestion and guidance :)

Regards

I am a BioMedical Engineer with 2.5 years experience..yes I went through the booklet, it is helpful. I knw luck matters the most for a good job..Its interesting that nobody asked you for membership..I hope same goes for me :P..but in the end I think it will be helpful and of no harm to get registered :)..thanks alot for your suggestion and guidance :)

Regards

It depends on which state you are employed in. For instance, in QLD or WA many reputed multinational companies ask for not even Engineers Australia registration but also a chartered status to enable you to authorize complex projects. But in majority of occasions, you are not asked for Engineers Australia rego.

Cheers

Hi. Does anyone here have any idea that How long does it take for visa grant (309 male applicant or female) after further document and medical?
you could get the grant within a week or it could be after a month,it varies from case to case :)

You mind sharing your timeline with us here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq1QPFxE9tRZdEdOTGtsdFBpRkxaWlpaM0lENldJTkEre

"Now you do not need to send us your passport for visa labelling because Australian Government now announced that all the applicants who's applications are finalised after 24th of November can travel label free."

Its a bit confusing for me . . .

"Now you do not need to send us your passport for visa labelling because Australian Government now announced that all the applicants who's applications are finalised after 24th of November can travel label free."

Its a bit confusing for me . . .

Thats weird..then whts the prove that you hav got the visa?? visa letter may be..