so visa granted perth or melbourne !!!!!

pau1evs

:jiggy:visa granted after 2 years of waiting should have seen our face !!!! omg

now what perth or melbourne anyone got jobs going !!!

house nearly done to either sell or rent xx

cant get any info from our side of pond ie info on areas in melbourne

been to perth and so seen areas that were good and BAD

got 3 kids 2 teenagers and little un who thinks he a teenager too

everyone says dont do to melbourne weather nafff

omg have a british summer and then !!!!

help

Firstly congratulations on the visa, jeez how did you wait that long? lol, i would be a nervous wreck by now,lol

As to where you go, i think thats only a decision you can make. Have a good read through the Melbourne and WA sections of the board and see if it answers any of your questions, also have a trawl through all the job sites ,like seek.com and alljobs.com and see which area seems to have the most work in your profession,, more than anything lots and lots of luck with the future!

Cal x

Both cities have quite a different flavour. If it is big city, sprawling metropolis, busy roads etc, then Melbourne might be for you, otherwise Perth might be what you are after, small city feel about it. Melbourne does have changeable kind of weather, can be very hot (often in the 30's and also into 40's) in summer and chilly like London in the winter. (Temp range this week during the day around 15C, at night about 6C). However, other cities are cold at night in winter too, including WA and QLD. Depends what your job situation is, there seems to be some opportunities to work here in Melbourne if you try hard enough, especially for some industries/trades.

:jiggy:visa granted after 2 years of waiting should have seen our face !!!! omg

now what perth or melbourne anyone got jobs going !!!

house nearly done to either sell or rent xx

cant get any info from our side of pond ie info on areas in melbourne

been to perth and so seen areas that were good and BAD

got 3 kids 2 teenagers and little un who thinks he a teenager too

everyone says dont do to melbourne weather nafff

omg have a british summer and then !!!!

help

Hi which places would you consider BAD in Perth as Perth is where we want to be once we get the visa through. Any advice would be appreciated.

Debbie

Guest mandisfam

Hiya, Good luck with your decision, we are in also debating where to land....personally, I would go where is there is more jobs for you.....but would also consider Melbourne over Perth with teenagers in tow....just my opinion.

Good luck

Mandisfam

hi there spent a month in perth depends what u find bad u will know yourself there are some areas that dont look great not alot that is that bad but some places u drive through that seem a bit rough so where u off 2 good luck with the visa it will happen where r u thinking of heading xx

Congratulations on getting your visa, we've been here nearly 4 years, but I still remember how it felt when that news came through!!

As for Perth and Melbourne, as others have said it will come down to personal choice in the end, but I would definitely pick Melbourne above Perth. But then we live in Melbourne and LOVE it here. Been to Perth and yes its a lovely city, loved the Margaret River as well, but I just felt that after the initial few weeks we would hav found it a touch dull. Things seemed to pack up really early, even the restaurants which we found odd and its so far from the rest of Oz that visiting anywhere is a major deal and expensive!!

Melbourne is lovely, we have 3 teenagers now 16, 20 and 22 (OK, they were teenagers when we arrived!) Our eldest is at uni in Townsville but the others live at home and they love it here. We live down on the Moenington Peninsula which is about an hour by train or car from the city but its just absolutely stunning and both hubby and second son catch the train to the city each day for work and uni, they run every 15 minutes and cost about $10 a day (adult) $5 (student concession) and that includes all trams and buses once you get there. Parking is free at the station too!!!

For teenagers there is so much to do, ours love all the sport, the shops, have great friends, lovely beaches on the doorstep and wouldn't swop it for anything. Our 20 year old who was 16 when we arrived was sceptical before we came, but you wouldn't get them back to the UK now with a bargepole!! It's just so great to see how well they have settled, how well they are doing at school and uni and just how happy they are. Not that they were unhappy in the UK, but they appreciate what they have here.

As for the weather, yes it can be cold in the winter, but nothing like the British winter, you would still have to pull teeth to get our kids to wear more than a hoody to go to uni in! and at least most of the time the skys blue, so its not a big deal. The summers are fantastic although we do get the occcasional day above 40C when its just too hot, but you sit by the pool and have a glass or two! Inside most places have air con so we survive:biggrin:

I have never lived in Perth and many love it, but you won't be disappointed by Melbourne I can assure you, it hasn't been voted one of the most "liveable cities" for nothing.

Congratulations again, and good luck with any decision, I'm sure it'll be right for you!!

Archived